View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Help. 

Post Help.
So, guys, I have this Skype group with people from everywhere from the planet, and I'm the admin, and there was this guy who trolls everyone, and this other guy I like was depressive, he didn't like his parents, and TBH, his parents also didn't like him (at least from what I've heard on the microphone), and this depressive guy (let's call him Mr. 1) hated this annoying troll (Let's call him Mr. 2). So Mr. 1 had this disease that could kill him at any time, and Mr. 2 liked to troll everyone. I added Mr. 2 to the conversation group, and Mr. 1 started to complain about him. I started a discussion and made Mr. 1 mad, and he was my friend and same for me and himself. I discussed with him a lot, and his last words...
"See you on the other side."
Suddenly, he's offline. He didn't block me, I asked everyone if he was offline, everyone said he was.
There is this girl, let's call her Ms. 3, I like her, but there's other guys etc etc, and I don't care if I/she see her/me as just a friend, I just like her. And Mr. 1 also liked Ms. 3, because she liked the same stuff as he did. Now I asked Ms. 3 to talk with Mr. 1 if he comes online... But...
What if he doesn't?
What if he killed himself because of... Me?
I feel guilty. Any of you got some way to make me feel better or something I could tell to Mr. 1 that would make him feel better?
I already got Mr. 2 out of the group. I also find him annoying some times, but not all the time like Mr. 1 does.
I'm really worried about that guy.
Anyone been through this kind of situation?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Post Re: Help.
My advice, is to wait
Most of the time it turns out you're wrong and you've overthought the situation

But hey if not, federal investigation maybe? :???:

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am

Wait and see as he uses a razor to cut his wrist?
Damn, I need to do something! But...
Yeah, I actually should just wait.
I don't think I can do anything right now, I can't even talk to Mr. 1.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am
happy carebear mom

If he suicides over some random internet chat, you can hardly feel guilty about that. Yes it would be sad but you can't tiptoe around in life afraid that what you might say (as long as it's reasonable and only insulting if necessary) will set someone off. Have compassion, but don't get hung up on it.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 am

People who threaten to kill themselves online are starving for attention.
And if they really did it, like Duh said, wouldn't it be really dumb over some internet fight?

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 am

Or maybe they're actually depressed who knows

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 am

Well yeah, but I doubt they'd kill themselves. I've seen this happen with people, maybe 8-10 cases, and they never kill themselves. I don't know though, since that's a small number.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:33 am

Who's to say the chat was any motivation at all? Maybe Mr. 1 was already planning a final goodbye at the end of the chat regardless.
Lots of other maybes, too, though. I'd say the least likely by far is that he did off himself, and it was because of the chat. And that's the only situation where joseh could reasonably be seen as at any fault.
Don't uselessly beat yourself up about what's very likely not your fault, mostly out of your control, and may not happen anyways.
If you're really concerned and have the information to do so, contact respective authorities.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Azukki wrote:
Who's to say the chat was any motivation at all? Maybe Mr. 1 was already planning a final goodbye at the end of the chat regardless.
Lots of other maybes, too, though. I'd say the least likely by far is that he did off himself, and it was because of the chat. And that's the only situation where joseh could reasonably be seen as at any fault.
Don't uselessly beat yourself up about what's very likely not your fault, mostly out of your control, and may not happen anyways.
If you're really concerned and have the information to do so, contact respective authorities.

He didn't kill himself. He just got online, I talked to him, and... Well, he was actually already planning a final goodbye.
I forgot to tell you guys, but his parents hate him (I have proof), he studies on a school that can't teach properly, and... Yeah, basically that's it. I would tell more, but it's too personal.
Anyways, I think he might forgive me, but thanks for the help, everyone.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Joseh123 wrote:
I forgot to tell you guys, but his parents hate him (I have proof)

Joseh123 wrote:
he didn't like his parents, and TBH, his parents also didn't like him (at least from what I've heard on the microphone)

But hey, at least you weren't at fault for his non-death

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 pm

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
Joseh123 wrote:
I forgot to tell you guys, but his parents hate him (I have proof)

Joseh123 wrote:
he didn't like his parents, and TBH, his parents also didn't like him (at least from what I've heard on the microphone)

But hey, at least you weren't at fault for his non-death

Hahaha, yeah. Maybe.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]