View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guns General 

Post Re: Guns General
Whats my Favorite Handgun? Umm, that would be the Glock 23. Its an awesome sidearm, the only thing bad about it would be the 13 round mag.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 am

My favorite gun I've fired would have to be a Contender G2. It's a single shot hunting pistol that can chamber shotgun shells or pistol ammo. Sexy as hell.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 pm

With the help of Gun Disassembly 2, I got my colt single action frontier scout back in one piece. It's a neat program, makes one hell of a manual, but the extra content is overpriced if you're just fascinated. (With the exception of the Minigun. I was dying to know how the delinker worked.)

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
I wish that I could get some cool guns in England
It's fairly easy to get a rifle and a shotgun license, but you can't anything as edgy or racey as I would like
I thought you guys could have pretty much any semi auto, if it was neutered into a 'straight pull bolt action' by having no gas system? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Last edited by Azukki on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Azukki wrote:
WalkableBuffalo wrote:
I wish that I could get some cool guns in England
It's fairly easy to get a rifle and a shotgun license, but you can't anything as edgy or racey as I would like
I thought you guys could have pretty much any semi auto, if it was neutered into a 'straight pull bolt action' by having no gas system? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

To be honest as usual I don't know a ton about the laws, but I do frequent the gun sites
Pulled this from Wikipedia anyway: Single-shot, bolt-action, Martini-action, lever-action (also called under-lever action) and revolver rifles and carbines are permitted, with certificate, in any calibre. Self-loading (also known as semi-automatic) or pump-action rifles are only permitted in .22 rimfire calibre.

So perhaps looking at that it's not as restrictive as I first thought, but guns here are also quite expensive.
Aint no $100 rifles here, but I did just find this, which is something I've never seen before, kind of sketchy about where to get guns from anyway
Still, at least air guns are cheap >_>

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Speaking of pricing/availability, it's been less good than usual recently in the states, due to the proposed 2013 "assault weapons" ban. Lots of panic buyers think it's their last chance to get some of the things they want. It looks like the bill is not going through, though, so maybe pricing will lower once the panic buyers stop buying, and some of them start selling because they realize they've got some bills to pay.

That's why I waited instead of immediately trying to decide on and buy a handgun after turning 21.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 am

Yeah I heard all about that fuss with the price spike, mainly about P-mags
I hope for everyone's sake the bill doesn't go through anyway
Also that gun disassembly app is pretty cool, I put it on my tablet, it's a shame I don't actual have anything to assemble or disassemble with it, but it's pretty neat anyway

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

I've also been to the ARMY. I was a US ARMY Military police (The guys with MP on there arm. We are pretty much infantry with a badge to show and we get to drive humves around). I was only a private first class when I got out. I didn't like the army much but I did like the guns.... I mean weapons (memory coming in now: Its not called a gun private! you better get in the front leaner rest Now!! One Two Three!! One Two Three!! @#$% BCT)

So here the "Weapons" they trained me with:

M9
9mm rounds

M4 carbine assault rifle
5.56 mm nato rounds

249 SAW
5.56mm Nato rounds

240B
7.62mm

50. cal
well I didn't get to fire real rounds but I do know how to it bring apart and put it back together. They said there wasn't anywhere to shoot these safely. (50. cal)

I forgot the name on this one but is was the funnest to use :D
Its a auto grenade launcher. This was my face when I first saw it :shock:

AT4
in training we fired something called slug rounds they don't explode but they will kill anything they hit.
I did get to see a real one go off. I was like Holy @#$% :D

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Hasn't been a post in more than 3 weeks now, don't know why
Anyway
I am seriously looking into getting a gun here in the UK now, now that I've seen that the range of guns isn't actually that bad.
You can be a semi-automatic rifle as long as it's chambered in .22, this covers some guns that I would be interested in such as an MP5 lookalike by GSG chambered in .22
Unfortunately the only place I've found these are in second hand shops but I highly doubt one would be my first gun
A mosin nagant would make a nice choice but unfortunately they're not that cheap here
I like that you can have a semi-auto pistol as long as it's barrel is 30cm long and the firearm a total of 60cm long which can be achieved by having a stock put on it, maybe there would be some ridiculous luck with that thanks to the surplus of Hi-Powers
Might all be more expense than it's worth in the end, but I'll still look into it

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 pm

All i see is pussy guns...
Wish i could have one of those.
It looks so simple jet badass.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:52 am

You can't say "All I see is pussy guns", not that I'm sure which post/s you're referring to
And then post what looks like the most generic pistol
As much as I like the OTs-33

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Azukki, I like your revolver. I like most revolvers just in general, but "cowboy guns" have to be my favorite. I also really like lever action rifles.
Full sized traditional shotguns such as a civilian 870 are also really nice IMO.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile WWW

Wow i love the picture that you have post sir
ahm... so nice.. ^_^

Last edited by lovelyme on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:56 am
Profile YIM

I think the Mounted grnade laucher was an XM oh shiz these numbers always confuse me... Oh and 870 look really nice. Still waiting to be able to shoot mine. Any other good civilian guns. All I got me is a Colt 1911 and a Remington 870.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The US army utilizes the MK19 grenade machine gun, so that would be incorrect.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Guess he could be referring to the XM25 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25_CDTE). Although, it's not a mounted launcher...

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next