View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dreams 

Post Re: Dreams
Maybe it's because some people say that when you have Deja Vu and that kind of stuff, you kind of have a minor seizure in your brain. I'm not sure about lucid dreaming, tho.
Or maybe you are talking about binaural waves. Well, that can be harmful to some people, but I don't think it is to people in general.
In short, they change your brain pattern/stimulate brain waves to do what you want to do. If you want to study, you can check a binaural wave that makes your brain focus. There are binaural waves even for HGH release. They simply stimulate the brain to send a signal to the organ that makes HGH to make more.
But I'm not sure if it can damage your brain.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm
happy carebear mom

Binaural beats is a scam, it works via the placebo effect.
Deja vu is not caused by seizures, nor is it harmful in the least to have. The best explanation that science has is a rogue electrical pulse occurring somewhere in your memory centers, jolting the feeling of familiarity. You can read more and get references on wikipedia.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Once, I had a really ♥♥♥♥ up dream where I was at my old house and I got out of a car in the backyard parking thing and I think I looked at the back of the car for sometime. Anyway I went inside through the back like I normally would and found my mother, entirely healthy (she contracted GBS about a year before she died) and in her work clothes with makeup and everything, basically set for work. I instantly realized the error here, sighed deeply and said "♥♥♥♥ you too, brain." I remember crying in the dream but not in real life, as I had gotten over it by then. Still, ♥♥♥♥ you, brain.

E: orite I forgot. The reason I was upset was because in the dream she laughed at me, and then I noticed my uncle and half cousin sitting at the counter, eating or something like normal, and they started laughing too.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 am
Profile WWW

Duh102 wrote:
Binaural beats is a scam, it works via the placebo effect.

Maybe, but it still works with me. When I started to read about lucid dreaming, I had none. Then I started to listen to the beats, and I'm having an average of 2 lucid dreams a week.
And from what I've researched before using it, nobody said it is a scam/works via the placebo effect.
But you might be right, as placebo treatments do work.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm
happy carebear mom

Joseh123 wrote:
Maybe, but it still works with me.

There have been very few scientific studies. The only study on record found that it had a mild relaxing effect (but that may have been placebo as well).
So yeah, great if it worked for you but if you paid for a sugar pill, you paid for a sugar pill. If you didn't pay for it then I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Nah. Free beats.
But thanks for the heads-up, anyways. But the fact that I know it's just placebo will make it stop working for me?
Maybe if I just think you are lying and etc. it will work? I know, I have to really believe it, but I can do it.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 pm

I just had to say... I "woke up" and went to school... and then I woke up... and went to school. But it was actually a whole school day in my dream... this was when days used to take a really long time...

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:48 am

I keep forgetting about this thread.

Had a few dreams last night, I think that might be as a result of the copious amount of caffeine I consumed.
I don't remember a whole lot, but one quote did stand out. "You're always an infinite number of obstacles away from your destination. If you can rationalise that down, then it's worth doing."

And um it's kind of nice timing.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 am
Profile WWW

Someone said that in your dream? Wow, it seems like something someone would post on Facebook and put the name of the guy who said it in it, then put a black background with his photo on the corner. Yeah.
Anyways, I haven't had too many lucid dreams lately, I've recently stopped to think about lucid dreaming, but I'm going to start again. Kind of busy, tests just started.
Also, I've heard cheese is good for dreams. It makes your dreams more vivid or some ♥♥♥♥ like that. Anyone knows if it's true?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I don't get fully lucid reality bending dreams often, but sometimes, they do happen.

Most of the time, I get semi-lucid dreams where I have control over my actions, but not reality. It made my Men of War and World of Tanks crossover dream pretty interesting.

But the reality bender ones are the best. Like that one where I was a spaceship. Or that one where I was a giant eyeball that could see everything. Or that one where I was god.

Man, I hope I get more reality benders.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
I don't get fully lucid reality bending dreams often, but sometimes, they do happen.

Most of the time, I get semi-lucid dreams where I have control over my actions, but not reality. It made my Men of War and World of Tanks crossover dream pretty interesting.

But the reality bender ones are the best. Like that one where I was a spaceship. Or that one where I was a giant eyeball that could see everything. Or that one where I was god.

Man, I hope I get more reality benders.

Next time when you are lucid dreaming, close your eyes and pull open the fabric of space.
Trust me. It's all about environmental reaction, as well as believing there is a space to manipulate.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 am
Profile WWW

Had my first successful lucid dream today. It was awesome, although late today I couldn't remember much of it. Started to know I was dreaming almost when it was ending, and my subconscious told me to spin (I read somewhere that spinning in dreams makes them longer), as it was ending. I spin'd and then 'had my fun', if you know what I mean.
Well, it was a good dream. I woke up feeling happy as ♥♥♥♥, but I got way too nervous during the dream, so I didn't get any reality bend. If I got calm and etc. I would've gone into a new world with new everything.
Anyone got any tips for when you get fully lucid in the dream?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Sothe wrote:
Joseh123 wrote:
Really? I searched for 3 pages, didn't find any. Sorry. If someone locks this thread and bump the other one, it would help a little bit.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19288&start=165

My god it's like you all have ADD

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2