View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Animos 

Post Re: Animos
Notsoscary wrote:
Did anyone watch Elfenlied? ._.
I remember it being the first Anime i watched at all and the first one i watched to the End...

Oh man it was one of the most pretentious and hamfisted shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Go back and watch it again, except forget about the gore or art direction. Look at the story and character development. Only two characters grow from the whole show, and they're the dynamic antiheroes, which grow by default. All of their motives are completely stupid. "We have to stop the pink people from killing us all, lets torture them so they don't hate us". Main character literally goes on a bloody rampage on a bunch of innocent workers "just cause", and her moral reasoning was paper thin and pretty much like "well I'm mad about the bad guy, so I'm going to kill all these innocent people in hopes that maybe one of them was bad. Also humans did bad things to me so all humans are bad". Yeah okay I get it, they want to show the dark side of humanity, they could've done this without shitting ham on my face. There are animes that try to drive the same point home but don't use reactionary and morally impulsive logic to do it. It also doesn't help that they make the main character "kawaii" to excuse her horrible writing and "moral" decisions; don't be fooled by her ignorant cuteness, she is a terribly written character that does horrible things considered good by the author. It's not like in Evangelion where the protagonist actually ♥♥♥♥ up, and the writer is aware and tries to make the point. Elfen Lieds writers are "morally superior" types that coat their fallacies in artistic direction and guro.

Also Yu Yu Hakusho is 112 episodes long

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:16 am

yu yu hakusho, alternatively titled 'chinos: the anime'

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:38 am

or mom pants the anime

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 am

Or the first special snowflake.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

What is a "Ryouko Matoi"

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:48 pm

I think it's an anime where girls get magic powers from clothes

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So like Silk Road?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 am

Someone holler if they know some Hare & Guu

Anime so underrated even NyaaTorrents has poor seeders.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Foa wrote:
So like Silk Road?

the silk road got shut down a few weeks ago...
not anime but.. bummer

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

no ryuuko is just a character from kill la kill (and my avatar)
which is a great anime, definitely gonna be the best this season hands down
yeah basically they get powers from clothes and fight and ♥♥♥♥ its pretty great

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 am
Profile WWW

Oh woah I didn't even recognize that was her lol. Yeah Kill La Kill is cool. There's a lot to criticize but ultimately it's really damn entertaining.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I heard most criticism of the show is about its sexual nature. But criticizing or trying to censor anything sexy goes against feminism, despite the fact many of the naysayers are feminists. It's hard to believe that tumblr SJWs and Pussy Riot consider themselves part of the same group.
I'm going to stop myself before I bring up any in depth arguments on how fat women/girls/bloggers appropriated feminism... But I digress.
Sexy stuff is always okay.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I don't understand the "slut vs brainwashed" paradigm, or the empowerment thing. It doesn't really prove point, other tan you are proud of yourself, and presumptuous of others.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sothe wrote:
I heard most criticism of the show is about its sexual nature. But criticizing or trying to censor anything sexy goes against feminism, despite the fact many of the naysayers are feminists. It's hard to believe that tumblr SJWs and Pussy Riot consider themselves part of the same group.
I'm going to stop myself before I bring up any in depth arguments on how fat women/girls/bloggers appropriated feminism... But I digress.
Sexy stuff is always okay.

i was actually thinking he meant more of the slightly poor animation (due to low funding) or the extreme climax (3 episodes in) for a 2-cour series (making people wonder what the rest of the show will be like)

still, best anime
thank you based trigger

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 am
Profile WWW

Uh ok so I have a lots I could say on the subjects of feminism stuff and also Kill La Kill but I neither feel like saying it nor do I think anyone cares to hear. I will say that I really enjoyed Witchblade, which had a similarly sexualized female protagonist.

Anyways lately I've been watching The Eccentric Family. It reminds me a lot of Humanity Has Declined in its kind of melancholy but whimsical tone.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next