View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Animos 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Animos
thats the one where they steal the fight sequence from the cowboy bebop movie right

also im watching hitsugi no chaika its p good

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
thats the one where they steal the fight sequence from the cowboy bebop movie right

You mean the one where they do this as a tribute because the Cowboy Bebop movie was doing it as a tribute to a Jackie Chan fight sequence

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

no i mean the one where they cut and paste a fight sequence from cowboy bebop
the jackie chan thing was completely different, and also not jackie chan
and honestly ♥♥♥♥ "paying tribute", giving credit shouldnt allow you to quite literally take an entire animation sequence from one film and paste it into your show

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

For your viewing pleasure

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:12 pm
Loose Canon

Oh noooo, they copied one 5 second sequence and two poses.
Sound the alarms.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Length is of no importance, the fact that they had to copy anything in the first place says enough about the overall quality.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm

TorrentHKU wrote:
Oh noooo, they copied one 5 second sequence and two poses.
Sound the alarms.

Do you have any idea how retarded your post is?

No like, HKU, you said some stupid ♥♥♥♥ before, but this is around the top 10.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 pm
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
the jackie chan thing was completely different, and also not jackie chan

Sorry I meant Bruce Lee

By the way do you know who animated that Bebop scene and who animated the Naruto scene?

They're the same person

(He really likes Bruce Lee)

Also this ♥♥♥♥ happens all the time between shows

Ex
(top one came first if you didn't know)

Ignorance is excusable but it's pretty stupid of anyone to take something being factual for granted and then run with it. Not super surprising given how common some misconceptions are. Also not surprising that this comes from Moggles and BigFish. Also I think Adriaan just hates the show so whatever he gets a pass.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm
Loose Canon

Seriously? I could understand if it was like, a minute long fight sequence or something. This? This is a couple seconds of the same action, which is at worst an homage to it. ♥♥♥♥, you think it's them being lazy? This is the equivalent of an anime doing the ♥♥♥♥ Akira bike slide. Cowboy Bebop was a famous anime, and the animators at Naruto wanted to do a shoutout to it. They didn't HAVE to copy jack ♥♥♥♥, they WANTED to copy it because it was an amazing anime that was wildly influential.

The Sasuke poses are nothing other than a nod to Jackie Chan Bruce Lee, especially since that scene was one of the very high budget, very well animated, very obviously NOT skimped on sequences.

EDIT: Dammit Rag ninja.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

Copying ♥♥♥♥ in the name of homages < Original.

I also don't think you could classify a bike slide to be a homage to Akira.
Granted the clips look similar enough, but it just isn't cutting it for me.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Ok Mackerel you are intentionally being a ♥♥♥♥ now.

Akira was ♥♥♥♥ huge, one of the pivotal pieces of anime history. Just ♥♥♥♥ look at the gifs. The Robin one is the ONLY one even a bit out of place, in that it doesn't start with the face fully zoomed and then have it slide away from the camera. All the rest are spot on, ♥♥♥♥, the Bakemonogatari one even has the goddamn electricity.
You cannot be so dense as to say that all of those animated bike slides are NOT imitating the Akira slide.
And before you go "Hurr duur, imitating, that's copying not a homage", how the ♥♥♥♥ ELSE are they going to do an homage to it? A background object or little detail of the bike? No, that's not even close to an homage, that's an easter egg someone drew in for funsies. The bike slide and fight sequences were clear, comically large winks to both the viewers who know the original and the creator of the original.

And Adriaan, you should be ashamed of yourself, that's a 5 second clip out of a good 2 or 3 episodes of fully hand animated fight, something that small is clearly a shoutout and in no way indicative of the overall quality of the show. I sure as ♥♥♥♥ bet you wouldn't be saying that if they had something similar in K-On!.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm open to being proven wrong, but as far as I know the relevant bits from Bebop were animated by Nakamura:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLNHSrJ ... xsCB#t=364

I didn't know if he also worked on Naruto, or at least that particular episode/scene, but I'm not finding him credited for it anywhere.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... hp?id=3474

Unless proof otherwise is found I'm not convinced someone with his abilities would just recycle animation like that.
Even if it 'happens all the time', that doesn't make it any less shitty of a thing to do.

Fine if the rest of the animation is great, I guess I was overreacting with that statement about the overall quality because yes I don't really like Naruto and can't say I've seen the rest of the episode either, so I'll take your word for it. I would be saying the same if it was a piece of animation in K-On though, or any other show. It's just objectively cheap.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:17 pm
Loose Canon

I'm not gonna comment on who actually animated that episode, I don't keep up with that sort of thing.

And by happening all the time, he doesn't mean that anime recycle animation from other shows (Unless they're really low budget shitty anime which is another thing entirely and none of the ones we're discussing are), he means that animators copy little sequences from older big shows because they were awesome sequences are deserve to be referenced as such.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I don't consider it a reference when its the frames are exactly the same from the stance to the camera perspective. The Akira bikeslides f.e. I would consider references alright, there's a clear difference between them using the general motion and effects between as I said before that scene in Naruto literally copying frames barring only the characters and background.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm
Loose Canon

Naruto's copies the action, but the only real difference is that it's a more action-filled scene. The second half of the copied sequence in that video is from a very different angle, one that you couldn't just use the frames from, and all of it still hand to be drawn by hand anyway.
Additionally, once again, it was one single scene. If they had been doing it continuously throughout the episode or fight, then I'd agree, but this? This was 5 seconds they took to say "Hey. Cowboy Bebop. That was an awesome fight. This one's for you, buddy."

There's a big difference between copying a tiny scene because your studio is poor and can't come up with their own action, and copying a tiny scene because your animators want to do a shoutout to an anime that they all saw and were heavily influenced by.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next