View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Felines! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm
Posts: 434
Location: Somewhere
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Veve wrote:
lets not make this a silly debate about grammatical errors please- let us all remember sometimes people just typo and its too late by the time they realize it.

Notsoscary wrote:
Tigers are (probaly) the only Felines that like to swim in the Water.
Also, Siberian Tigers. Never have met one of them, though i lived in Siberia. :L

actually theres several domsticated breeds that enjoy water, such as turkish vans, maine coons, bengals, and even american shorthairs. most domestic cats can be accustomed to enjoying water as well, however usually its recommended that you start young. a breed known as the norwegian forest cat is somewhat well-known for their love of water. they were described as playing in water and fishing, they even have developed water-repelling fur.

for another wild example, fishing cats, as you can probably infer from the name, also enjoy being near water and are capable swimmers due to that they are fishers and rely mainly on that for their food.


Interesting. But I've yet to see a fully vegetarian Feline, hehe!


Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
They exist if you include the ones PETA-tards torture.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west ... 6682108386


Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:41 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
PETA is actually getting ridiculous
It even made a Pokemon Game, which is ironic...
>Pokemon has nearly to no Gore at all
>PETA-mon has more Gore Stuff


Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 222
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Vlads wrote:
Interesting. But I've yet to see a fully vegetarian Feline, hehe!

all felines are what can be described as "hyper-carnivores," meaning their diet consists of more than 70% meat. domestic cats are obligate carnivores meaning they cannot survive on a diet without meat, this is due to their own bodies not being able to produce certain nutrients that only animal proteins contain (taurine, retinol, and arachidonic acid). i've heard that there are some forms of cat food that provide synthetic 'vegan' versions of these elements, however i cannot confirm whether or not that is safe for the cat or even a true claim.

Sothe wrote:
They exist if you include the ones PETA-tards torture.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west ... 6682108386

this makes me angry every time i see it if you want to live a 100% vegan lifestyle and have no animal products in your home, that is your choice but please do not force your lifestyle onto an animal. do not get a carnivorous pet if you are not able/willing to provide a proper diet for it. there are so many different herbivorous pets to choose from and you got a cat. nice going, you're a dipshit.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:04 am
Profile
happy carebear mom
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 7089
Location: b8bbd5
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
PETA lives on your hate, literally, just like WBC. The more attention you pay them, the stronger they become because they get screen time.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
They also live on sheepish bleeding hearts (as much as I love Morrissey...), stray domestics, propaganda/advertising, PR agents who sign up clients for support because it makes them look better, shock value (no link required), http://www.consumerfreedom.com/2004/01/2339-peta-and-terrorism-the-real-deal/, killing cats and paying people to hurt animals for documentaries.

Saying that giving PETA attention only makes them stronger is redundant, because so does everything else. You can't just ignore PETA and pretend they'll go away. You have to spread as much bad publicity about PETA as you can until it becomes the favoring opinion. Direct democracy ♥♥♥♥.

was gonna add links to everything ♥♥♥♥ it
go nuts http://animalwelfarists.tumblr.com/PeTA

wait...
oh
protest PETA, because they aren't going away any time soon. They get more funding than just from click-mining like WBC does. WBC is a church. PETA is a corporation, it gains capital. They want to remove your rights of owning cats by killing them all.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm
Posts: 434
Location: Somewhere
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Sothe wrote:
They exist if you include the ones PETA-tards torture.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west ... 6682108386


Damn that's horrible. People must be really dumb to do such things.

But what about removing claws? That's horrible aswell.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 222
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Vlads wrote:
Damn that's horrible. People must be really dumb to do such things.

But what about removing claws? That's horrible aswell.

so true, people equate it to the clipping of finger nails, the procedure would actually be more like having your finger removed up to the first knuckle. the paws bleed and the cats are in pain for awhile after the procedure. some speculate that they may be in pain their whole lives afterwards but i think that is a little overzealous... they do heal up as would a human who lost part of their finger.

why would anyone want to have their cat declawed anyways when theres a fun, cute alternative available?


Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 am
Posts: 852
Location: Auckland, NZ
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Removing them as in cutting them out of the nail bed, or just cutting them down? 'Cause if they cut them down it should be fine, stupid, but fine. Our dog, Rusty has his Eye-claws trimmed because they are like razors.

Also, only 70% meat?! Jeez, what it the other 30%?


Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Major wrote:

Also, only 70% meat?! Jeez, what it the other 30%?

fur


Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:28 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 222
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
laughed at above post

Major wrote:
Removing them as in cutting them out of the nail bed, or just cutting them down? 'Cause if they cut them down it should be fine, stupid, but fine. Our dog, Rusty has his Eye-claws trimmed because they are like razors.

Also, only 70% meat?! Jeez, what it the other 30%?

declawing is completely different than trimming, it is a surgery that involves removing the entire first phalange so that the claw doesnt grow back. trimming is the actual equivalent of clipping your nails and is recommended for health purposes as overgrown nails and claws can cause discomfort to the animal as well. this is why animals scratch trees and ♥♥♥♥ in the wild too, which reminds me another alternative to declawing your cats is simply buy a scratching post and train them to claw that rather than your furniture.

for the other 30% (or less) im not really sure but my best guess is, depending on the species, bugs. maybe a little fruit and vegetation here and there. i know jaguars will eat the roots of a certain type of tree but i believe they do this for recreation rather than nourishment (the root has hallucinogenic qualities) but it is clear they can ingest some vegetation safely, only that their diet should not be consisted solely of it.

this type of discussion reminds me of kimba the white lion.. in the series he tried to become an herbivore because he was morally opposed to killing other animals, but his body reacted badly and he came to terms with the fact that he was a carnivore and that it was okay to hunt because he needed to eat other animals to survive.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
I was expecting this to be a thread of cat pictures, and that someone would troll it with a catgirl.

I was sorely disappointed.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 am
Posts: 7089
Location: b8bbd5
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
We can still catgirl.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
What would I do without you?


Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: Felines!
Jaguars are so cool


Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]