|Data Realms Fan Forums
|I might need some help.
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Valerie [ Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm ]|
|Post subject:||I might need some help.|
Hey, can I have some help? I'm on a college laptop and we all know in ENGLAN alot of filtering happens in certain schools/colleges.
Unfortunately, the filtering took over the rules page so I can't see the rules anymore.
Can someone please Copypaste the rules to here?
|Author:||TheLastBanana [ Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:45 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: I might need some help.|
That's super weird, but here they are:
Ban duration is entirely dependent on the context of the infraction and previous bans for the same user. Some bannable offenses are:
Warnings are issued for smaller-scale infractions that don't quite deserve a full-on ban. There is not a magical number of warnings that earns you a ban; everything is taken contextually, and it is entirely possible to be banned with no warning, or warned many times without banning. Some examples of warnable posts are:
Forum Avatar Guidelines
Don't use excessively flashy or annoying avatars.
Forum Signature Guidelines
Signatures are OFF by default. To enable them, click here.
Nobody wants to see obnoxious, long, or distracting signatures. Though signatures are always subject to moderator approval, these general guidelines will keep you relatively safe:
- Try to use only 1 small image vertically (or, horizontally spaced, a few images)
- Use less than 3 lines of text.
- You may ignore the last two rules, but only if the signature is contained within a spoiler.
- No advertising (includes referral codes and such) unless you created the product
Just because something isn't listed above doesn't mean it's alright to do. Use your common sense when posting - be respectful and try to keep a positive attitude and you'll be fine (eg: no trolling, no pushing the limits of the rules, etc.).
If you have a problem with a moderator action, a single moderator, any group of moderators, or the moderating style of the board at large:
(1) PM the moderator(s) with which you would like to have a talk with, and hopefully resolve the conflict thusly. It is far more preferable for us to quietly resolve problems on a 1:1 basis, talking like civil human beings, than to have to lay down the law in a public and embarrassing fashion. Any issues brought up with moderators will be dealt with courteously and will not result in any bans or warnings.
(2) PM another moderator or group of moderators, and ask to have it brought up in the moderation subforum. The moderation staff is the final word. Rest assured, your complaint will be given due consideration, but you must accept the outcome. You can find a listing of the entire moderation team at this location, though note that Data, Scancode, and Weasel no longer actively participate in the community.
Please note some sub-forums have their own rule-set. Be sure to read all the appropriate material.
I don't know who told you the moderation here is strict, but I wouldn't be too worried. Don't be a dingus and you should be A-okay.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group