View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Spyware Trouble 

Post Spyware Trouble
I've had some problems with spyware lately. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and found two trojans. I fixed that but Windows keeps saying that there's spyware on my computer. Is there any software or anything that could help with this? I'm hoping to get this done before I upgrade to a 64 bit processor.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:47 pm

I would recommend downloading HijackThis! and posting your results on (this forum). They're pretty knowledgeable and helpful, just give them any other details you noticed.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:50 pm

Get that.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:53 pm

tell me How its saying you got spyware ??

Download this http://www.openopinion.com/programs/ant ... audFix.exe

Restart your computer and hitting F8 go into safemode, run that. It will search for a virus that you might have..

Thu May 31, 2007 7:13 am

On the right hand corner of the screen there is a box that keeps popping up that says you are infected with a virus click here to get antivirus software or something like that. Am I right?

If I am don't click that box it's not from windows it is the virus trying to get you to buy their software to remove it (I doubt their software even works) and if you did click it you probably were taken to their homepage where it asks you to run a free scan dont. it is likely that it will install more viruses spyware nagware and adware without your permission.

The fix: Re-install windows

I had this virus once, annoying little pest. I couldn't find any antivirus software to remove it so I just re-installed windows.

Before you go and do that though AVG has released 2 new free version anti virus things anti spyware and anti rootkit try them first.

Here they are all on the front page of avg's website.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Oh and never ever click on one of googles sponsor links, Reason adware and crap.

Thu May 31, 2007 8:35 am
Profile WWW

Just happened to me, but luckily it didn't say I still had them. I had a hole bunch of spy ware and 1 Trojan on my computer, deleted but it didn't say it was still there.... I have a free AVG virus thing, it might help! :grin:

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:21 am
Profile WWW

It's a good thing you don't have Norton Nazi!
thats sort of a joke between me and my friend lol (he's had some bad experiences)

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 am

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:10 am

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Banned

This doesn't happen if people stop running their default users as an administrator.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:26 am
Profile YIM

I remember Avast was a vastly better program than Free-av. (zomg choked on puns)

Some evil minds might recommend you take a look into options for different operating systems to run your PC on, but I don't think there are such people here. Right? :grin:

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

I remember Avast was a vastly better program than Free-av. (zomg choked on puns)

Some evil minds might recommend you take a look into options for different operating systems to run your PC on, but I don't think there are such people here. Right? :grin:

/runs away

Although I have to say, my XP box doesn't require much maintenance either. When properly administrated, Windows can be pretty stable.

Also, I'll vouch for Avast!, it's worked pretty well for me.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]