View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Uh what happend to official? 

Also, I notice James has become a scapegoat for everything lately.
CUT THAT OUT.
He's the active administrator here, and he can do whatever the hell he wants with the forum, and if it's truly something terrible, then Data will DEAL WITH IT. There is no senate in these fora, and you guys aren't in it, so stop actin' like advocates and deal with the community based problems before you go whining about minor software problems.

Seriously.

The people have the power in a forum not the admin believe me. I have seen this forum evolve and change before according mostly to the people.

Oh and I will whine about whatever the hell I want.
Amendments to the Constitution wrote:
I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:09 pm
Profile WWW

Go MP! Oh you need to get your old avvie back too.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Also, I notice James has become a scapegoat for everything lately.
CUT THAT OUT.
He's the active administrator here, and he can do whatever the hell he wants with the forum, and if it's truly something terrible, then Data will DEAL WITH IT. There is no senate in these fora, and you guys aren't in it, so stop actin' like advocates and deal with the community based problems before you go whining about minor software problems.

Seriously.

That doesn't change the fact that he still has to take care of CCs fan base. Of course, if anyone has a problem with this, you can always just go to another forum if you aren't happy with how this one is run :]

And additionally, losing half of the forums posts without any kind of notice is not a minor software problem. It wasn't a bug in PHPBB, it wasn't a database issue, he obviously ♥♥♥♥ up the backup.

Even further, the "community-based problems" are still a result opf the forum staff. Here we have Inane, another goddamn forum moderator who is not doing his job.

Sick and tired of this moderating staff which does absolutely nothing. What the hell is it you all do all day? Do you just sit in the moderator control panel, staring at the words "Inane, Forum Moderator" and beat off all day?

How about instead of bitching for us to shut up when we want something to get fixed, you all get up and fix it. The entire community is up in arms asking you all to change stuff, and for some god-awful reason, no one will.

There has been no increased policing of posts in this forum, the new "rules" that were posted are still not being followed, and flamers and general douchebaggery is not being punished.

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely ridiculous? If you do, perhaps you should join this forum instead: http://creating.themachinery.net/forum

I assure you, its much more efficiently and skillfully maintained than this cesspool over here.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:39 pm
Profile YIM

Leave WJ alone. He is the admin he has the power. If you say you have more power than him.. then prove it!Personally if people were saying stuff and scapegoating me, Id just delete all their posts and their account because... I have a bad temper. However he doesnt go that far. He could, but doesnt. Just remember that data left him in charge and data trusts WJ. If he didnt trust WJ, one of you baboons would probably be the breaking everything and leaving everything to go to the dogs.

Edit: WHY do you contiuously promote your own forums? Please stop.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:05 pm

I do not have more power than WJ myself, but all of us as a community have far more power.

It is just like in real life the people have more power than the government.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

I'm gonna have to express my discontent now, I suppose...

ok. Seriously. WJ is doing his best. He is there because Data put him there. If Data didn't want him there, then he would not be there. Until then, WJ makes the rules. You can lobby to change them. You can complain about them. You can leave the forum out of disgust. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if half the people around here left for exactly that reason.

The thing that we get angry about is angry people inciting riots. If you don't like the forum, then request a change. If we say no, then either stay or leave. Getting 20 more people on your side will NOT help your cause. It increases tension, increases strain on the moderators (who really do work hard), and generates the exact situation that everyone gets angry about. Stop complaining and let us get back to our jobs. It'll help your side more if you stop rather than continue.

This general situation has happened many times throughout history in the USA, especially around wartime. That's why we were forced to pass the sedition acts. They pretty much prevented any talk critical of the government. Did it violate our Constitution? Yes. Did it help America get through the wars? Yes. Were we better off in the end? Probably. The acts were repealed as soon as possible. I'm not saying that we're going to ban anyone that speaks against WJ, I'm just requesting that you recognize that, sometimes, silence can help a cause more than speeches.

And MP, first amendment rights do NOT apply here. This is a privately owned and funded area, and so the owner of this site (or his delegates) can change and enforce rules as he sees fit.

I've been on vacation for awhile. In a way, I've kinda lurked. I've done my moderating duties and posted occasionally, but for the most part, I've been waiting for things to revert back to the days of before. As far as I can see, the main problems around here reside with the general population, not the administration. I'm no stranger to social issues, and DR has a great number of them. Historically, the issues we face have fixed themselves with time. All I'm doing is trying to push that along so that we can get back to before.

Don't judge WJ. The only reason that you are doing so is that, in your opinion, Data is not active enough to do so sufficiently. Let me be the first to say that Data is NOT an ignorant fool and is as aware of the situation around here as anyone. Just because his presence is not often apparent does NOT mean that the burden of supervision rests with the general populace.

I'm tired of rambling, so I'll just leave it where it is for now.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:31 pm

What I do here is lurk. I do not get off on power, I just hate being an active part of this community, and I'm lucky enough to not find any threads that need moderatin' in the 15 minutes a day I spend here.
Really, the only reason I'm still a moderator is because I'm arrogant as hell. I left before, and to do it again would be like admitting failure.

Err, that was in reply to Thor

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

People, we need to replace those two moderators for the good of mankind... uhm Datarealms I meant.

Inane is being gay, and WJ has be assasinated and Punisher must be brought back.

Btw say, have you guys noticed that every mod that is after page 6 has no downloads or pictures that were uploaded via DR?

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:01 pm

calling a mod gay is a good way to get banned, you do know that...

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

People, we need to replace those two moderators for the good of mankind... uhm Datarealms I meant.

Inane is being gay, and WJ has be assasinated and Punisher must be brought back.

Btw say, have you guys noticed that every mod that is after page 6 has no downloads or pictures that were uploaded via DR?

Punisher? What the hell? In my inactivity I'm doing a better job then he did. Honestly, he did a few good things, yeah, but most of what he did was conspire against people he considered "threats", creating a list of people who were most likely to do something bad. That could, and did, accomplish NOTHING.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

calling a mod gay is a good way to get banned, you do know that...

No the mods are quite forgiving I should be banned now but I am not so for that I am greatfull.

As for my being back I am just gonna ignore this whole thing I am sorry for the immature thing I did (the mods know what it was) and now I will go back to neutral things on the forum aren't so bad all this is residual panic from the incident with a bunch of posts getting removed.

I hope you guys can forgive me.

I will try my best to just ignore things like this in the future.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

So... was there ANYONE that decided to save any of the graphics from the 'Official' forum to their computer? I'd like some of the buildings that were in there.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:28 am
Profile WWW

Inane is being gay

He's actually an okay moderator. And this entire "gay" insult thing is a little immature.

numgun wrote:
WJ has (to) be assasinated

Threatening a human being with death is serious business, let alone incredibly stupid.

numgun wrote:
Punisher must be brought back.

Depends. if he's got his neutrality back, then it'll be cool to see him as a moderator again.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2