View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Linongion's Problem (Foot related) 

Post Linongion's Problem (Foot related)
I, like any other 18 year old, have a job. Its a nice job, stocking shelves... selling BBQs... Patio furniture... However... I have lived a life of luxury, in which my feet became accustomed to really comfy soft shoes. My problem is this: I now wear hard leather steel-toed boots so that my feet cannot be crushed by large boxes, and my feet are blistering/chafing/hurting/causing others to see I'm limping at the end of each work day...

My question is this:
How long does it take for feet to become hard as rocks and unable to have the aforementioned problems associated with it?

Oh, and yay for buying a PS2 recently with most of the cool games.(Yes I'm kinda late... who cares?)

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:34 am

Hmm odd, I had some steal toed shoes that didnt even feel like steal toed. Maybe look around and get some new shoes? if they are doing that, then something could be wrong with the shoe

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:36 am

Oh yeah... My feet are also wider than the average man's. Add an inch to your own foot width and see what it looks like.... thats my foot. I'm also size 13 1/2.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:41 am

Find *o for the bloody lord (fixs the stupid icon that "Surprised" me ) a much better.. *

Go find a foot store, and get one of them to help you. Might have to pay extra for a good shoe.. but it might be worth it

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:57 am

try wearing them for a while longer to break them in or if you want to hard the skin on your feet rub salt or salt water into them ever night

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

i have wide feet to so i know the problem very well

offtopic: be sure to get some of the Rachet and Clank games for the PS2 they may seem childish but they are so fun

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:35 am

ratchet and clank games are actually quite awsome, basicly, buy them!! :grin:

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 am
Banned

How new are your boots? Theyre going to hurt until you break them in, which with a good pair of boots should take a few days worth of full shifts.

If they're still painful after that, they are either an incorrect size or not of high quality and will never be "broken in."

Also, invest in a good pair of insole inserts. They go a long way. I have to spend 8 hours on me feet as well working at Old Navy, and even in sneaks it kind of hurts. Get a good pair of Dr Shol's and you'll be set.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:50 pm
Profile YIM

I have a job too where you stand and walk around all day. (Bakery, kitchen, etc.) I tried it with normal shoes for a bit, but my feet started to hurt really bad almost overnight. Then I ordered proper working shoes for about 60-70 euro, which I only use during work hours. They're a real life-saver. Good and sturdy shoes, so comfortable that your feet will probably only hurt after getting out of them. ;) Usually people get new ones every 3 years or so, which I plan to do as well.

Some sort of "professional" shoes are a necessity if you can't sit around much during the day. Even with that the legs are going to be bust for a good while. Some people say it takes 2-3 years for the legs to get used to this kind of workout. I use very hot water in shower and then give each muscle a good stretch, at least 1 minute long, so they sort of pop back to the proper position. Having heard as many ways to deal with this as there were people I asked, it seems everyone ends up with their own ways of tending to the muscles.

Of course I have no idea if there are models that do this and also have enough strength to keep your toes safe under a fallen crate of chicken wings or whatever.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

Update! Thanks for the solutions guys... Yesterday I had my usual saturday shift, but I bought a new pair of steel toed shoes... and Dr.Schol inserts... Best day on my feet ever... I've since given my old pair to my brother, who says his feet are the right size...

The 300$ Canadian was worth it. (AKA 250$ in USA)
I think I like them more than my usual comfy shoes... Cause people can't crush my feet.

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]