View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Which of the following do you prefer? 

Which of the following video game companies are the coolest?
Microsoft (Xbox and Xbox 360) 47%  47%  [ 17 ]
Sony (Playstation 1, 2 & 3) 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Nintendo (Wii, NGC, DS, GBA, GBC, GB, VB, N64, NES and SNES) 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Sega (Genesis, Gamegear, Mega Drive, Dreamcast and I forgot the rest...) 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 36

Which of the following do you prefer? 

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I am not gonna talk about anything other than primary consoles, because there is no Microsoft handheld and no serious Sony one either.
Sony, in the last generation of consoles, was my favorite. It had the most third-party titles, and therefore, the most that were fun. While yes, it lacked Live, in my experience it was a good console, with the Xbox a close second. The Gamecube had some fun titles, but not enough to make up for the overwhelming lack of third-party titles, even though its first-party titles were very fun.
In the current gen, I have to go with the 360. The defining moment of my opinion of the PS3 wasn't the price, it was a demo station at a store. I played the Motorstorm demo for around two minutes and then the system crashed. Yes, crashed. My experience with the Wii has been all positive so far, and has some very fun games, but lack of good FPS and some of the advanced stuff that comes with the 360 has lowered it a bit. The 360 has been my favorite, as it is a very good, solid console, with exceptional first-party games (Crackdown, Gears, Halo, etc.) and also a large library of third-party titles. My only objection is more of a user error, but I find that due to the placement of my console on the floor, my cat often runs into the console (my cat is a paranoid psychotic) and causes it to shake, scratching the disc inside.
Also, bonus points to Microsoft for the 360 wired controller, a device that has support for both the 360 and the PC without any hacks or adapters necessary. Now if only the wireless controllers used Bluetooth...

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:51 pm
Banned

Daman, please be quiet, just because people say that PS3 is dumb doesn't mean you get all mad and start pissing people off just to bring them to your level, and Prod I know people get annoying, but If you flame people your just as bad as them.
I don't even know what THOR did so I have nothing to say to him...

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Gameplay kings

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:05 pm

I have no idea which one I want, Xbox seems like the best party, but it's online features (while cheap) are not free. The games are pretty good and Bioshock looks amazing and Crysis too. Problem I have with it is that other games Like GTA may not be able to run as smoothly as the PS3 (this was the reason I hated playing GTA on the PS2).

Nintendo Wii is great and I play it alot at my friend's house, free internet play and a superior web browser makes it interesting, while the Wiimote is simply gaming genius. Cheapest of the lot and looks like a great entertaining, the mediocre games put me off it.

PS3 was my original favourite, but after all the bugs and bad compatibility that swayed me from it. I also found the launch games totally uninspiring and playing Resistance multiplayer was crap. The graphics are amazing and i know that there wouldn't be a problem with framerate issues most of the time. I have enough money to buy the console and I don't understand why people find it so expensive- when the xbox came out the premium package was £400 too. But anyway, i've got my doubts about this one.

The Xbox seems the best one of the three there, but my overall choice would be to buy a good computer instead. More versatile, easily upgraded and good for work and entertainment.

The Wii got boring, get a 360 and live. It's only like 4 bucks a month if you get the yearly membership.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3