View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Reminder on threads 

Post Reminder on threads
Seeing as a lot of spam threads have popped up, I would like to make a short statement on what classifies as a good thread. Consider books for a moment if you will. The encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other knowledge bearing titans carry information on their own. They expect you to put two-and-two together. If your encyclopedia states something on the state of Africa, here is the process of finding complete information and idea on the subject at hand: First, you look up any words that you don't understand or simplify them to layman's terms that can be quick, but efficient, to read. Second, you look in your atlas to find any areas it is talking about so that you may get individual information on those areas. Third and last, you return to the encyclopedia's page and use the layman's terms to replace the ones that aren't quite familiar. Then when certain areas in Africa are mentioned, you take that visual image and information to get a general idea on the area. Thus, you find a complete thought with accurate information to let you know of areas in Africa. With that, you can pursue multiple endeavors such as calculating population information. To summarize, no book contains all the knowledge in one, they relate to each other.

Similar to this "Bookchain", it's the almost the same way with threads, but the opposite. You're not supposed to create a thread for each and every kind of moment, you summarize it into an abridged version. This also acts as a floodgate keeping spam from overflowing the forums.

REMEMBER: Always check first. If you're ever in the middle of a debate with someone and get the populations, locations, or military history of two nations confused, you'll look like a fool. If you don't double check to see if there are threads which contain the same purpose as the thread you're making, scrap it and post there. However, if a thread specifies it is only for a certain subject, then you may go ahead and create your thread.

Just be careful out there kids!

Also on a different note I was on a lot of caffeine during writing this(God forbid someone denies a man his delicious addiction). But I thought it would be a good idea to do what Thomas Paine did.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:33 am

Post Re: Reminder on threads
Firstly, please paragraph your huge block of text.

Secondly, requesting this be stickied or at least put where n00bs will have to read it.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 am

Problem is, n00b post without reading.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:38 am
Profile WWW

Here for the mods. wrote:

Aye. No matter what we do there will be noobs that don't read stickied topics. What to do?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Father Venn wrote:

Aye. No matter what we do there will be noobs that don't read stickied topics. What to do?

My god I love how much of a hypocrite you really are.

Hey now, let's not let this get out of hand now. Be civil.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 am

Father Venn wrote:

What to do? Let the mods handle the n00bs. Just get the marshmallows ready for the fire and wait for us to put it out.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 am

Kelas wrote:
Father Venn wrote:

What to do? Let the mods handle the n00bs. Just get the marshmallows ready for the fire and wait for us to put it out.

I like the way that was phrased, I'll continue my backseat modding of reporting things. ^_^

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:43 am
Profile WWW

Ahem. We all know this is how arguments start and topics get locked. Let's not do that...So back on topic.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:47 am

Gonna go ahead and sticky this. As soon as I figure out how to do that.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]