View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Vista Network Glitches 

Post Vista Network Glitches
1. Internet Connection Sharing
This bug is qutie a large annoyance; whenever you activate Internet Connection Sharing, one of two things can happen:
I. Internet works for one or two hours, then the internet cuts out. This is due to a bug in the WinSock bind() Function. Don't ask me what that is, but it's bugged, until you get this:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6294451
If you don't have it yet (and your computer has been so unwisely fouled with vista), even if you don't plan to make a network, it's always a good thing to download.

2. Lan With Server Bug
If a LAN network is using a special type of server such as Novell, when you connect a vista operating computer to the network, many bad things can happen:
I. Inability to download anything. (I did find out this was the cause, conversed in a topic prior)
II. Inability to use any browser except internet explorer.
III. Inability to download Flash, Java, or other such plugins.
IV. Inability to connect to the internet
V. Inability to connect to a LAN network

This bug has no fix as of yet, as not many people try this, so it's not very popular. So just a warning; don't try this if you are infected with Vistaids. Because of this bug, after a clean reinstall of Vista my computer thinks my product key is invalid, and as such my computer will stop working (heavily hinted by Vista) in about 36 hours. I thought I would like to warn people about this before I have to 'repair' Microsoft's doing.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]