View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mouse and Keyboard Are Unresponsive in CC. 
Banned

Post Re: Mouse and Keyboard Are Unresponsive in CC.
Occasionally that happens to me, usually when I am running another program in the background so I have to restart the game and it usually works fine. If that doesn't work then you might have to reinstall CC.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:28 pm

I've tried closing down any other program, installing and reinstalling CC at least three times now, and played it with no modifications whatsoever.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Ok.
now B 21 is out and my mouse and keyboard are doing the same thing.
It must be a hardware problem.
Still, anyone have any ideas?

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:57 pm

I've only ever downloaded this latest version of CC but am finding I have this issue. Usually the mouse works fine for a few seconds in the main menu, then sticks for a few seconds. Once I get into any mode (skirmish, editing, campaign, whatever) I have about 30 seconds until the mouse just sticks. Sometimes after ten seconds it works fine for hours. Sometimes it keeps sticking repeatedly.

Perhaps a little more information that could help out is that I play this game on three different machines. The only one that has this issue is a laptop, running XP, not amazing hardware but not bad hardware either. The other two are normal desktops and they run it without any issue at all.

In the middle of posting this I decided to try the game one more time and it worked totally fine in editor mode for about 30 minutes and at one random point of pulling up the list of items to place on the map it began to happen over and over for about 20-60 seconds at a time with random intervals in between. The issue seems to be worse when running the program full screen instead of windowed.

I hope this is getting a good look at.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Banned

KnightD wrote:
Ok I'm really starting to get irritated, here.
I've sent two e-mails now asking for help and I understand whoever would be doing the tech support is busy, but I paid for the "help the developer" version, or whatever, and I just want to be able to play CC again.
lol, there is no "tech support." outside this forum. you got conned out of your money.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Sometimes when I switch between keyboard and key/mouse it seems to not regognize like half the new controls. For me it's always fixed when I reconfigure the controls.

I wouldn't rule out hardware either, do you have a spare keyboard/mouse that you could try with it?

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2