View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 RTE Abortion Error due to custom scene 

Post RTE Abortion Error due to custom scene
Alright, so I just got the full version of Cortex Command and I figured I'd try the Scene Editor. It all worked fine and everything, but now when I try to start up the game I get this error.

The wierd thing is that the file that it says is at that location isn't. The file from my scene is nowhere to be found. I've tried reinstalling and completley deleting everything in the Cortex Command folder yet this error has remained.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Post Re: RTE Abortion Error due to custom scene
S
martyk wrote:
Alright, so I just got the full version of Cortex Command and I figured I'd try the Scene Editor. It all worked fine and everything, but now when I try to start up the game I get this error.

The wierd thing is that the file that it says is at that location isn't. The file from my scene is nowhere to be found. I've tried reinstalling and completley deleting everything in the Cortex Command folder yet this error has remained.

Sounds sick Abortion Error.....ugh

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:02 pm

I got almost the exact same error message about 6 posts below yours and haven't recieved any feedback :cry: . I have tried deleting and reinstalling CC but still arrive at the same error. I feel your pain because I very much enjoyed this game.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:25 am
happy carebear mom

Did you delete everything when you uninstalled? If you had any files left over you may have accidentally kept what's causing the problem.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:07 am

I have searched all over my comp to find anymore files with no luck. Is there some other place the files are kept?

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 am

Try installing the game to a different directory....... Worked for me. :grin:

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:20 am

Same here. That seems to be the only thing that does the trick.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:09 am

I'm having the exact same problem and I can't seem to find a work around. I can fix the game by removing the new scene or re-installing but every time I create a custom scene of any kind the game will not open again. I've tried installing it to a directory other than the standard program files one, same error...I'm on Vista but User Account Control is disabled and I've tried right click > run as admin. I hadn't had a previous version of CC on this computer 'till now so this was a fresh install, and I made sure that the folder and all it's contents were gone on each re-install I did to try and fix this issue.

Building a custom scene to shoot up in Skirmish mode is basically what I like CC for...any help on this?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 pm

This error is created because CC is trying to load content that "doesnt exist", and thus crashes.

CC's content is broken into several .rte folders.

Base.rte is always loaded first AND any custom scene you make is saved here.

Now you go in CC it loads all nicely, you decide to make a custom scene and it works great and youre having fun. The thing is, if your custom scene included objects from content folders others than base.rte, CC will crash because when it reads the file for your custom scene, it finds an instance of a Coalition soldier or a Gold Pile. Those two items were located in Coalition.rte and Tutorial.rte, which are loaded after base.rte.

The problem is, once CC finds the object that has not been loaded yet, it will crash and thus end up with a broken CC unless you fix it or reinstall it.

I'll talk about this to Data and tell if we can make scenes and custom scenes load after everything else is loaded. This would enable using mods in your custom maps.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

I never really thought stuff included in the game would be counted as mods and thus loaded seperately...I mean, coalition have been there since a few builds ago, no? Weird. Anyway, It's cool to see that the problem has been noted. I might go grab an older build in the meantime so I don't have to create scenes all over again each time, in a weird way I liked the dumber AI and the ability to shoot down dropships with an AK, too! So I was probably going to get an older build for giggles anyway.

(Don't get me wrong, though, the AI and weapon variety is much better this time around and I like it lots.)

Thanks for looking into it.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Cryos wrote:
I never really thought stuff included in the game would be counted as mods and thus loaded seperately...I mean, coalition have been there since a few builds ago, no? Weird. Anyway, It's cool to see that the problem has been noted. I might go grab an older build in the meantime so I don't have to create scenes all over again each time, in a weird way I liked the dumber AI and the ability to shoot down dropships with an AK, too! So I was probably going to get an older build for giggles anyway.

(Don't get me wrong, though, the AI and weapon variety is much better this time around and I like it lots.)

Thanks for looking into it.

Err... it's not that it's considered a mod - it's that the game loads the Coalition, etc. in seperate .rte modules. If they were actually counted as mods you would be able to dump them all in one folder, do some massive rearranging and get the custom scenes to load later...

A way to get around this is to mod your base.rte folder... I think the Bunker Mod Compilation does this...

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]