View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 News from Licensing 

Post Re: News from Licensing
Why Can't I Haz B25? I Entered The License Key And My Email Address And It Make Field Go Blank And I Can't HAZ!!! :razz:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:15 am

alright, so I understand that old codes a still valid and therefore work. I just have 2 questions... you need the Gift Code for newer versions (like B25 and B26) right? (sorry, it wasn't that clear to me... :???: )
and my other question: What was the email that you used to originally send out codes? I can't find miy email with the activation, as it's buried among aver a thousand emails, so I'm hoping to find it as I want to put it on my new laptop.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Mine came from support@datarealms.com

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Skeggy wrote:
Why Can't I Haz B25? I Entered The License Key And My Email Address And It Make Field Go Blank And I Can't HAZ!!! :razz:

This. I didn't even realize that anything had changed until I tried to get B26 just now, is the information I need not the original email I used and license key I got back when CC first went commercial?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Keep in mind that the licensing keys changed since the initial commercial release, and you needed to change your old key into a new version. Make sure you're using that newer key.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 am
Profile WWW

I don't think I ever did change my key, it wasn't required as far as I can tell, since it continued functioning. I'll try and contact scancode I guess.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:24 am

Okay... this is the THIRD time I've tried contacting you guys about this. Normally, I'd expect a more prompt response when I send an email than when I make a stink about it on forums, but I've gotten nada from you after TWO EMAILS, so, I'm getting near critical rage-levels.

I paid for this game years ago.

I want to play.

This?

scancode wrote:
We are changing our licensing system to one without DRM.
For old versions of the game, you can use this email and code:
Code:
free@cortexcommand.com
F55-E422-CDBC-F686

All your keys are still valid. The game will now take any properly-formatted key (AAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA) as valid.

If you purchase the game now, you will get a GIFT CODE. Write it down somewhere safe, since you'll be able to convert it into an unlimited account later on. (This is the same code the HIB purchasers got)

That's pretty much it, enjoy the game.

PS: This means there are no more key resets, key e-mails, etc, etc.

This tells me absolutely nothing. It's nice that you're updating/have updated the licensing system, but I've looked through the forums for a way to get a code for the new system (or even to download the latest version), I've emailed you guys asking for the same information, and you've given me nada. I'm all for supporting indie developers, and if I saw even an attempt to fix the problem then I'd still be comfortably in the "Oh, what the hell-- I'll just buy it again," zone. But instead, this is seeming more and more like a blatant attempt to MAKE people do just that. I can't even find a way to download the newest version with the information you've given me, much less play it.

So basically, my question is this: What the hell do the people with old keys do with the new system?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:44 am

Hold on,I'm kinda confused.I bought CC at B23,before it was released on HIB.I saved the code for it on my old laptop,which is borked and currently being repaired(it might not get repaired,sadly).Now,I want to play it again on this computer,but I don't have the code.

wat do

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am
happy carebear mom

Chainlinc3 wrote:
So basically, my question is this: What the hell do the people with old keys do with the new system?

You don't need to re-buy the game at all. The new system works very similarly to the old system in that you use your licensing email as your username on this page, and your key as your gift code. I explained this in this post for someone else.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:20 pm

The issue being, at least for me, that if you NEVER changed your code, it doesn't work. The NEWEST system assumes you either have an HIB gift code or an updated key from that liscensing change a good long while ago. However, the liscensing change was completely optional, and I didn't update my key because there was no real reason to. I'm assuming Chainlinc is having the same issue.

It's only made worse since I can't find the thread about the key update, and the best part is that the most promising thing to help me was this devlog post.
http://devlog.datarealms.com/cortex-com ... -bundle-2/
But the link there is to a thread that doesn't even exist.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:37 pm

I've been trying to get help through PM's and emails, to no avail. My email address and old key, purchased in 2007, don't work. Nobody is replying to me. Someone? Anyone help?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 am
The Licensing Guy
The Licensing Guy

Andrelius wrote:
I've been trying to get help through PM's and emails, to no avail. My email address and old key, purchased in 2007, don't work. Nobody is replying to me. Someone? Anyone help?

His issue was fixed over PMs.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:32 am
Profile WWW

Edit:
Scancode is a cool dude and resolved this issue over PM. :smile:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2