View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 B26 lag problems (still unsolved) 

Post B26 lag problems (still unsolved)
I've searched everywhere, and I can't fix this problem. I've tried the existing thread, but I still couldn't fix it. I've reinstalled it, I've tried messing with the settings.ini, even changing the resolution to the lowest I can. Nothing seems to work.
I have a powerful computer, so I don't believe that processing power is the problem.
Whenever I by ctrl+p it shows the following:
Fps: 200-250
Mspf: 5-8
Deltatime: .0166667
Realtosimcap: q
ONE sim update per frame!

Now, I was wondering if Mspf is the actual frames per second, or if fps is, because I don't even know what Mspf is. I have no idea what the problem is, and I cannot seem to be able to fix it, so I came here.
Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by Izen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:45 pm
happy carebear mom

Post Re: B26 lag problems
mspf -> MilliSecondsPerFrame, basically the inverse of FPS.
Did you try hitting Ctrl + O? That turns off the timescaling and might net you a speedup.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Post Re: B26 lag problems
I did not. I will try that and get back to you.
EDIT: It did not seem to have any noticeable effect. the only thing that changed was the ONE sim update per frame disappeared, but everything was otherwise unchanged.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:45 am

Post Re: B26 lag problems (still unsolved)
I have this too. Noticed your thread so i thought id add instead of creating a new one. Heres what i was ABOUT to post in a new thread XD:

"It appears this is a frequently occurring problem which is unfortunate. I believe im running a pretty decent machine , not great , but decent:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 5670

I get huge lag on skirmishes where there is a lot going on. Usually the tutorial map plays full speed until a shuttle crash lands or the like.

Im not running anything over intensive in the background. I mean I can run BFBC2 with pretty high specs pretty nicely but i experience 3 SECOND lag at the worst of times. Its horrible.

It would be cool if it was incorporated into the game tho. Kind of like the slomo mutator in Unreal Tournament games :).

Im know its a recurring theme with good old CC so I would hope its pretty high on the list of code mods , after all , a slow game might as well be no game at all in my mind. It might actually be the only game that ran faster on my P4 then on my new quad.

I know it would be a big effort to do it but perhaps you would be able to make the program utilise the graphics card a bit more? Im sure back when the game was released into beta it was probably par with systems back then , single cored machines or high frequency dual core.

It sure is a shame for such a great game to be ruined by these speed issues. I hope you guys will somehow benefit from my mindless ranting..."

It really is a shame about this though.

Also might I ask what your system specs are? perhaps they are simlar to mine...

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 am

My game lags the moment I start a skirmish, no matter what.
And there already is a small amount of slo-mo that the game does when things get too intense.

I'll have to get back to you on the system specs, I'm on vacation and only have my laptop.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 am

yeah i get 3 seconds average when the going gets tough. Ive seen even longer lag , its crazy. Its 2011 and we still dont have multicored or even graphics card support it seems.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

jimbo8098 wrote:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz

Quick point from me, CC only ever uses one core, so you're only getting a quarter of the power out of that.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]