View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp 

Post abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp
So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or if someone has asked this before but, soon after I installed a bunch of mods, Cortex Command crashed and when I tried to restart it, threw this error up at me:
abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp, line 534 because: Wrong type in Reader when passed to Serializable::Create() in Base.rte/Settings.ini at line 183

Is there any way to fix this?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:43 am

Post Re: abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp
Yes, I do believe for some reason Cortex Command enjoys eating the settings.ini file. If I recall correctly, deleting the Settings.ini file in Base.rte/ should fix the problem. You'll have to re-do any custom control schemes you put in, though.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:46 am

Kettenkrad wrote:
Yes, I do believe for some reason Cortex Command enjoys eating the settings.ini file.

Any crash that isn't a proper abort by the module loader will generally eat the Settings file, yes. It's quite curious, since the file itself tends to be fine up until the point where it breaks, and there's no other obvious signs of corruption.

Making a backup of the Settings.ini named something like 'SettingsBackup.txt' or such may be wise. Then if your main one gets corrupted, you can just copy+paste the contents from the backup into it and you should be fine. Just remember to update the backup whenever you change your settings.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:10 pm
Profile YIM

i hate it when this happens, i've had it happen a lot since i installed a bunch of mods, probably because i only have 1 gigabyte of ram

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I have the same problem, but even when i delete Settings.ini the game just gives me the same error... i even resorted to downloading a torrent of the webernets (trust me, i don't believe in torrents and i was actually sort of mad at myself for downloading it, but its for a solid conclusion and i just now realize that its completely irrelivant) and i got the same problem...

Im thinking its a computer issue :???:

Im guessing this is a common bug, because i saw another topic about the same error as well...

Well fudgetruck, now im bored :-(

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 am

BY JOVE IVE GOT IT!

Uninstall, restart , and reinstall and run as administrator!

Or, atleast thats what worked for me.

*PS Mr.Moderator man, please disregard my last post. Thanks!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]