View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Logitech G9x Mouse issues 

Post Logitech G9x Mouse issues
Ahoy peeps!

Ever since an earlier build, perhaps b20/b21, I have had issues with my mouse cursor speed ingame which has made mouse input impossible to control.

In the menu when moving the cursor slowly, the mouse hardly moves at all or stays still. When moving fast the cursor zips across the screen as you would expect, but uncontrollable and unusable. Ingame it is much the same, though harder to see with the cursor being hidden.

Perhaps some code for joystick dampening has slipped into the mouse cursor as well? Whatever is causing it, it means I cannot play the game with Mouse and keyboard (the best way) and are forced to use the 360 controller.

In previous builds I have tried various things like uninstalling mouse drivers, changing/disabling cursor acceleration settings in windows and logitechs systems, and nothing has helped. I could try the same for this build as well, but having to cripple my mouse setup for one game seems somewhat silly.

Weeping softly over the useless husk of my mouse,
Cevius

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Logitech G9x Mouse issues
The game has some odd mouse acceleration that kicks in when in fullscreen mode.
Others have noticed it too, and it's very annoying.
Hope it gets fixed.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 am

Hmmm. Hadn't tried this build in windowed mode. Seems to be a little better until it hits the edge of a screen menu, from there it has the same issue with the mouse moving slowly or not at all.

Really hope its fixed, or if the code controlling it become an optional menu option. I'm a big boy now, I can control my own acceleration damnit D:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:14 am
Profile WWW

I have the same problem (G700 here), and it was a problem in previous builds as well. I really hoped it would be fixed for B27 but no luck.

One thing you can try is going into your Logitech Setpoint settings and under Pointer there is an option called "Use native OS drivers for pointer speed and acceleration". Disable this and then try again.

Personally, the game was unplayable with that enabled, better with it disabled, but still funky. Basically the problem is, if you don't move the mouse fast enough, the cursor doesn't move. This makes it INCREDIBLY difficult to aim precisely.

I hope this gets looked into. Really annoying and almost game-breaking issue IMO.

Other than that, having a ton of fun with B27 so far though!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

As long as you don't use fullscreen that should fix it completely, actually.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 am

Any idea as to what is causing the issue in fullscreen, though? I really prefer to use that but yeah, it's messed up.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 am

I was having issues not in fullscreen where the mouse gets stuck on the edges of any GUI elements.

Didn't test during gameplay yet, will test that later and report back.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 am
Profile WWW

I'm having similar issues with my mouse (Gigabyte GM-M6800, a fairly generic mouse) in a fresh install of B27.

The input is jerky in-game and smooth control is impossible. The mouse does not respond if you move it very slowly, and if you move it at medium speed it jumps about in little increments of about half an actor's height. Moving it quickly seems to be normal and smooth though.

I've never had this issue with previous versions (ever since build 13!) and not with any other program either. I find it very strange that it's a new bug for me in B27 but it's not there in my B26 install. I've tried running the game in windowed mode too but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:52 pm

I had the same problem in B26 (and B23 for that matter) so it's not a brand-new issue. Data mentioned it in the dev log as well:

Quote:
The mouse acceleration is a known issue and only appears in fullscreen on SOME computers, and is certainly not by design.. it’s an issue with the input library we’re using. we’ve tried to hunt it down several times, and will keep at it until we get it.

At least they're working on it. :grin:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 pm

I have the same mouse acceleration problem, but I've found that setting the resolution to 600x800 in fullscreen negates it somewhat.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Surely you mean 800x600?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Oh geez. That wasn't what I meant to say at all. I meant 640 x 480 VGA. Yeah, that one.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Lucem, I tried that and it worked really well. Thanks!

The only problem is that I have a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor and the game looks weird on it. I'll have to try some other settings.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]