View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 No timescale for b27 and lag issues 

Post No timescale for b27 and lag issues
I read the previous posts on reducing lag, but i don't dare fiddle with delta time or any other settings in case i make a horrid messup. But my pc seems to have quite the issue playing b27. As far as i know cc is most dependent on processors and ram. But my old single core 512mb xp machine could run it quite nicely *it's dead now* But my dual core 4gb ram machine is having nasty lag issues. I wanted to turn off timescaling as that according to some can help, but i tried (Ctrl + O) but it didn't turn it off. I am running on the lowest in game resolution. Any tips that could boost performance? And yes, all my drives are up to date. Updated them today just before this post. :???:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: No timescale for b27 and lag issues
Don't be afraid to fiddle with the settings, if you really mess it up bad you can delete Base.rte/Settings.ini and when you reload the game it will be restored.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I messes with the delta time a lil bit. Tiny bit better but still getting some nasty lag when it comes to some unitec activities in skirmish like the zombies one. I turned off the timescale slowdown in the settings by changing the time to 0. And i've shut off all un-needed processes whilst im playing such as my graphics tab drivers. Does anyone else get horrific lag like this with an ok pc? As i was pretty sure a dual core with 4gb ram would have been perfect for this on medium res's with no lag. :-(

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Check the console (press ~ on a US keyboard or ` in most other places) and see if there are a lot of messages getting printed there.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Checked the console. No lua errors or any message spam. :(

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]