View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mods And Linux 

Post Mods And Linux
Hello, I've been trying to figure out this problem where some mods simply refuse to load. I've already changed the case of the files, however, things are still insisting they are not found.
Is this a known bug?

You can see the file 'Pistol Reload End.wav' in the correct case:

but I still get an error message

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:55 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Mods And Linux
Sounds like those sounds are in the wrong encoding for Mac/Linux CC. Try running them through an audio converter that you know outputs to a suitable file.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 am

Roast Veg wrote:
Sounds like those sounds are in the wrong encoding for Mac/Linux CC. Try running them through an audio converter that you know outputs to a suitable file.

Aren't the only two acceptable formats .ogg and .wav? I could automate the conversion I guess.....

Also, I'm working on a little script to lowercase every single file in a mod directory, and correctly update all the .ini files too (lotsa' freaky sed magic)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It's the particular wav encoding that some machines other than windows seem to dislike.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
It's the particular wav encoding that some machines other than windows seem to dislike.

that's good to know, so I should convert them all to ogg? Are there other formats you could use? Should I also convert the .bmp to something else?

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Bmp is the only supported image type for the CC engine (it has to be in palette too, not that it matters if you're just using mods) - and should work on Linux just fine. You could convert all the sounds into ogg files, or just alter the encoding with a supported Linux audio converter.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
Bmp is the only supported image type for the CC engine (it has to be in palette too, not that it matters if you're just using mods) - and should work on Linux just fine. You could convert all the sounds into ogg files, or just alter the encoding with a supported Linux audio converter.

Thank you so much Roast Veg, you've been helpful in figuring what will work, now I just need to test it out!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]