View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 .RTE Mod dependencies and skirmish.. 

Post .RTE Mod dependencies and skirmish..
Heya. I was wondering, why did the various .rte subdirectories change names? It seems like the subdirectories have changed either structure or name from build to build, which I thought was somewhat odd since most mods have dependencies in most of the standard .rtes, which means they rely heavily on them staying the same -- yet, they seem to have changed often. Why? I'm mostly just curious.

And, I've been having some mod issues (I assume) -- skirmish/scene editor crashes the game when I try to load most of the maps, and it doesn't tell me anything. Occasionally, I've gotten the scripting error box, which referenced an error with Grasslands (It seems to be ok in its base directory, but could there be another mod, somewhere that incorrectly tries to call it?), and some others I can't remember. I've searched for files with "Grasslands", and containing the word Grasslands (In a text format most likely.), but I couldn't find any text documents I believe -- only the standard grasslands in its base directory.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: .RTE Mod dependencies and skirmish..
They've changed recently so every .rte will have the same structure. This was a one time change and will not occur again, so don't worry.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
They've changed recently so every .rte will have the same structure. This was a one time change and will not occur again, so don't worry.

Ah, ok, nice. But there'll still be problems if mods depend on something that gets removed. But wouldn't it be easier if mods simply copied whatever base Cortex Command content it used into its own folder and renamed it, which would ensure that it gets included and works regardless of Cortex Command content-changes? Unless the script rules and dependencies change..

And do you know what the mod issues I wrote about might be?

Are you Norwegian, by the way? Not sure if you intended to misspell Norway, "Northway". :P

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Nowadays most people change everything.

And yeah, born and raised in Valdres.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Lizardheim wrote:
Nowadays most people change everything.

And yeah, born and raised in Valdres.

Ah. Reason I asked is because I'm also Norwegian -- Lyngdal here. Very small town, south of Kristiansand.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I've been trying to add some of the outdated mods, but a lot of them keep giving this error: "Failed to load datafile object with following path and name: Base.rte/title/nebula".

I tried searching through the ini's of a couple of them (And the .lua of one.), but there was no reference to "Nebula", or anything "Space", or "Base" with any sort Nebula reference following it -- I also tried searching for any text files containing Nebula (In Windows search though.), but nothing there either.

So, it's probably some sort of indirect script dependancy error then? I don't know anything about scripting, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out here, since I'd like to try and run some of the outdated mods.

And also, I got the very same error with the new 1.0 Map Pack 3 (In the Scenes forum.)

---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Base.rte/Title/Nebula.bmp

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]