View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Failed to find the CortexShock.rte Data Module! 

Post Failed to find the CortexShock.rte Data Module!
Hello!

I got this game for my 15 year old and he has been having a great time with it and even learned how to add mods.

However, yesterday he added a mod that didn't work. So he tried everything to fix it, but nothing works. Thus, I got involved - I deleted the game first from the Program Files folder. Then reinstalled. Still came up with the same error. Uninstalled correctly this time, reinstalled, same error.

---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Failed to find the CortexShock.rte Data Module!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK

This computer has Windows Vista (sadly). I have tried multiple different things (searching for the CortexShock.rte file, I tried deleting the settings and re-running the game, nothing has worked.

Please, any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers unfortunately.

Thank you,

Mom to gamebrain97

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 pm
Forum Moderator

Post Re: Failed to find the CortexShock.rte Data Module!
That does sound mighty weird, try contacting Weegee, the guy who made it. He might know something. One question though, is the game installed in the program files folder? There's apparently some wonky virtualization or something going on that sometimes messes stuff up.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Try to move Cortex Command folder out of Program Files folder to some other, less protected location. Or install it outside of Program Files folder.

Check this folder for CortexShock.rte - c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Data Realms\Cortex Command\ if it's there - delete it.

Finally if you want to fix Cortex Shock try to open CortexShock.rte folder and check what's there. If there's another CortexShock.rte then you probably installed Cortex Shock the wrong way. You must have Index.ini and stuff inside your CortexShock.rte.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Thank you for your quick replies! I re-deleted everything I could find, then re-downloaded and saved into my documents folder.

The game started up just fine! I am making another folder called "cortex mods" and am telling my son that if he wants to add mods to his game, to mod that folder and not the orginal - then start the game from that folder to test the mod before he uses it on the original game.

Thanks again!

Mom to gamebrain97

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]