View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Cortex Command workshop redownload problems 

Post Cortex Command workshop redownload problems
I was having problems with Weegee's scene mods and the console reported depndency problems because of a missing folder called "lua" outside of the rte. I decided to verify the game's cache integrity. It then download a 2.3 kb file which must've been what was storing what tells CC what mods have already been downloaded. I assume this because CC tries to redownload all my workshop mods which I already have. The problem with this is that it downloads one mod then stops and it will only download the next mod if I start the game again. I am subscribed to a good amount of mods which makes this extremely irritating and not only that but I am having internet problems that cause my downloads to go at literally 1 bps to 1kbps with an average of 50 bps. I found a workaround which involves blocking CC from the internet or turning my adapter off though.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:57 am

Post Re: Cortex Command workshop redownload problems
Well, you're not alone. I just had to do a full reinstall and deal with the workshop not installing things properly, too.

I find that this is more of a Steam issue than anything though.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 7933/#p179

I've been requesting some better workshop features for modders. I really wish Steam was more partial to the modding community.
To be honest, even with workshop available for Skyrim and CSGO, I'd download the mods and then copy them to my own folders for processing into the game (for Skyrim, using a 3rd party mod manager, and for CSGO just doing everything by hand). Workshop is too clumsy.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 am

Post Re: Cortex Command workshop redownload problems
Well... the thing is that it's CC that redownloads everything, not Steam.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]