View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ideas for lua mods. 

Post Re: Ideas for lua mods.
i have no idea how to make bunker modules, but i can design them! If i sketch them out, then could you work your magic from there? If not, i'll PM some people and see if they feel like helping out. And, hell, since you're starting on water, floating bases might be a possibility in the future.

And while we're on the subject of the elements, the scene involving the dropped bunker modules could be spiced up with violent wind shifts. Anything to keep them on their toes.

Another idea: fog of war. this could be really atmospheric or really annoying, depending upon the scene. Because now you can (with mods) reach out and touch someone from a very long distance away or just look around them map with the buy menu and erase any mystery there was. And mystery is a good thing in a game.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

Allen wrote:
i have no idea how to make bunker modules, but i can design them! If i sketch them out, then could you work your magic from there? If not, i'll PM some people and see if they feel like helping out.

I have the exact opposite problem; I can't sketch bases at all, but I know exactly how to make all the required images/ code to put them in game. I'd be willing to turn your sketches into modules, if you want. :)

As for making bunker modules that move, float, etc, we need atomgroups to collide with them - currently they can't.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 am

Post 'em to me. I make them for you.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:27 pm

I would love to see a level where you start with a dummy, a medium digger, a tiny base, and 0 gold, and you have to get to 5000 oz without losing your brain to the relentless onslaught of enemies.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:53 am

Make a huge map in space with nothing but a space station at the other side of the map. You start off as a brain unit in a rocket and must get there before the time runs out. The map should have zero gravity(no lua required for this) and the space station should use lua to simulate artificial gravity. Also, the area outside of the station should gib all humanoids, and the "air lock" should switch to team 2(or whatever the opposite team is) when you land, so you can't fly back out into space. Another thing, the rocket should switch to a different team so you can't control it after it lands either.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:00 am

candlejack's idea, plus space stations that "patrol" on randomized paths (float around). basically mobile landmasses (not necessarily physics sensitive, but possibly someday). That would make it an environment one would have to constantly be re-adapting to.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2