View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Idea for an assault map 

Post Idea for an assault map
Well i was sitting in my toilett just some minutes ago and ive got idea . I dont know Lua but i want to learn it .
Idea wrote:
Well its assault map .

You start with 4 asc basics with different weapons pre-equiped (i know how to do it).The mission would have some grenade blows and blah blah blah epic fights against dummies . Then i would need to destroy dummy brain . But i want to make it megaproccesor with huge radiation around it (i just need to make invisible emmiters). Then i want to make timer to escape . But in the moment when timer starts some dummies blow exit by droping dropship on it .Dummies with their captain would defend an extra exit , but it is after the processor . With the time goes radiation gets biger and biger (the thing i really dont know how to make) . So you need to destroy some things under processor and gou under it . But if you would have enough time you'll die .If you wouldnt die you need to kill the dummies that stop you . And then you escape from the map on the dropship.

*Friendly Neighbourhood Mod - Try to make titles as descriptive as possible.*

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Post Re: Idea
Whatwhatwhat...?
You get four "ascs"? You attack a dummy brain that is a megacomputer? So is it a megacomputer or a dummy brain? Dummy captain, are you gonna make that? Did your idea really write that? Please rewrite it and think out if all the ideas would really work.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Post Re: Idea
I can make everything encluding dummy captain and megacomputer with radiation around it . The thing i need from lua is the radiation which makes bigger and bigger after you blowed the megacomputer . And the other thing is droship falling on the main exit and closing it so you need to exit by an extra exit .

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Post Re: Idea for an assault map
TheLastBanana's Coalition Base mission has a dropship that seals an exit, rip that off.

As for the radiation that "makes bigger and bigger," you're being unclear. Do you want some kind of area that harms actors while they're inside it that grows over time, or harmful AEmitters that get spawned further from the reactor, or what?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:54 pm

Well i dont know how to make so in 5 mins to blow radiation around megacomputer would be 10 (for eg) . And when it would be 30 sec for blow radiation would be : 100000 . Basically i want so with the time the PartcilesPerMinute and velocity of particles would get bigger and bigger after megacomputer is destroyed .

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Uh... you just described that "in 5 minutes it is 10 but in 10 seconds it is 10000"
Care to explain what this means. Do you mean that it would be the danger level or the area size?
In those cases it gets smaller, not bigger...

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 pm

5;00 - 10 rad(i'll short it)
4;50 - 60 rad
4;00 - 110 rad
3;50 - 170 rad

And so on and so far . I mean minutes left before megacomputer blows . Did you understood everything ???

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:59 pm

From what I can understand, the idea is to have something that mixes Menou and Coalition Base. Apparently, the idea is that you have to go inside a dummy base and destroy their brain. Apparently this makes some powerful radiating device activate that slowly expands its damage field as time goes on. Much like in Coalition Base, the enemy fails a landing and ends up making a dropship blow up at the entrance that you either came in through or were supposed to use. Thus, it's like the end of Coalition base, only there's a threat that will try to make it hard for you to get there. So this is the mixture between Menou, Coalition Base and Zalo's Obstacle Course. Sounds interesting. It's cliche, but interesting. I personally liked it when (I think it was Lowest Form of Wit) suggested it in Epic CC Moments. Expanding sun melting the map sounds cooler, but this sounds more doable at the time.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Ok pre-beta of megacomputer

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]