View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Colosseum 

Post The Colosseum
I just had a cool idea for a lua mission but I don't know any lua. A roman Colosseum were you fight gladiators using a sword, similar to the bat in body ladder, and you use a slingshot, a weak but good range weapon that would do less damage than a pistol and sometimes none. Anyone who knows lua and CC well in general wants to help. I can sprite fairly well.

I know its a kinda vague idea but I'll hone it more as i and anyone wiling to help works on it. :grin:

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:23 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Colosseum
What exactly do you need Lua for? To spawn attackers? If it's just that, you could easily make this with an ordinary non-Lua scene. Just use actor emitters like the zombie tubes.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:40 am

Comment wrote:
What exactly do you need Lua for? To spawn attackers? If it's just that, you could easily make this with an ordinary non-Lua scene. Just use actor emitters like the zombie tubes.

Sadly, you have just contradicted yourself. Those zombie tubes are completely done with Lua. Ever tried to place the darn thing in a scene? What happens again? Oh yeah! Nothing!

Macattack, please provide more detail as to what exactly you want. For the actor spawning, I'd suggest you dig through the zombie cave code. I can't actually help more than that, but I might be able to direct you to where you can get it if you expand on what you were saying.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:56 pm

What really happens with the zombie spawners is that they are emitters that don't emit. All the Lua does is turn the emitters on if there are less than a certain amount of zombies in the scene. You could still use the emitters if you turned them on in the ini code.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Ah, then sorry, Comment. Before, Luad Tim had said that they ran completely on Lua.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

I said before that the way they spawn only a certain number of enemies at a time is done by Lua. The emitters themselves are still emitters.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:50 pm

macattack wrote:
body ladder

That game is so cool...

Anyway, good idea.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]