View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 RTTI Data? 

Post RTTI Data?
I got a strange error that I've never seen before while testing out a script that I wrote to control a sprite's animation. The sprite's animation froze, and when I checked the console it was spamming this:

My CC Console wrote:
Error: Access violation - no RTTI data!

Does anyone know what this means?

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: RTTI Data?
retro terrain something something

hmm

How many frames does it have and how are you doing your animation? I've got various animation methods in Xextredge and I've never even begun to encounter an issue like that.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:01 am

Agh...the error started popping up again. It's completely random o_O.

Sometimes, my game crashes because of it. Just now, I have a crash error that reads:

Microsoft Visual C++
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\Cortex Command\Cortex Command.exe
R6025
- pure vital function call

Seriously...wtf is the point of giving an error report if it tells you absolutely nothing about what is causing the error?! -_-

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:41 am

Well, boys and girls, it seems I have come across this error yet again, in a completely different situtation. Funny thing about it, it only seems to happen to me when I'm working on contest entry projects :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 am

Yea, I've hit this once when doing some freaky stuff with frames.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:28 am

The last time this happened to me was when I was making my House Plant for a modding contest. Sometimes, when animating the tongue frame by frame, the tongue would freeze up and stop working. Then my console would spam the error.

This time, the error didn't start showing up until I started messing with vectors by rotating them with RadRotate().

What really is grinding my gears is the fact that the error only comes up randomly. Usually everything works fine. But sometimes the error occurs. It's really frustrating :x

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:09 am

make a script that checks when the error starts happening and logs everything going on from there (just check the last line of consoleman:savealltext). particles being created, particles being destroyed, whatever. You might even just want to always log everything but note where the error starts happening, for context (whatever's happening is likely to happen before the error I suppose).

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW

Using print() outputs, I've narrowed down the source of the error to the Vector:RadRotate() function. Strange.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 am

How are you calling the vector? If you're doing "variable:function()", try "Vector(variable.X,variable.Y):function()".

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am

I got fed up with it, broke out my linear algebra textbook, and wrote my own function. Problem solved/avoided. :lol:

Code:
function RotateVector(vec,radAngle)
   return Vector(vec.X*math.cos(radAngle)+vec.Y*math.sin(radAngle),-1*(vec.X*math.sin(radAngle) - vec.Y*math.cos(radAngle)));
end

Works 100% of the time, plus you don't have to worry about the weird ♥♥♥♥ that occurs when you cross the 3*PI/2 line (with Vector:RadRotate(), when you cross from quadrant 3 to quadrant 4, you have to switch from using 0 == > 3*PI/2 to -PI/2 ==> 0)

Oh, and to answer your question CC48, I was calling it using variable:function().

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Code:
Vector & Vector::RadRotate(float angle)
{
    angle = -angle;
    float tempX = m_X * cos(angle) - m_Y * sin(angle);
    float tempY = m_X * sin(angle) + m_Y * cos(angle);
    m_X = tempX;
    m_Y = tempY;

return *this;
}

That's the C++ impl of the function.. I don't think the error has to do with this specific function; more likely it's somehting that's happening to the memory of the lua Vector object instance. No idea how to fix it.. yet. Please post any more patterns and hints you find out

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]