View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 MOPixel Spread/Count 

Post MOPixel Spread/Count
I have an Lua script which prevents a particular MOPixel from damaging the actor the script is attached to then spawns said MOPixel. I want to make it spawn 15 of these MOPixel's at once instead and spread them across a 90 degree area (quarter of a circle). How might I do this (presuming that it's possible)?

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Post Re: MOPixel Spread/Count
Hi! My problem is (I may have not explained properly) that while it did spawn an AEmitter previously (and still does, to use for the sound and sprite), I had to change the script so that it would spawn the pixel directly since that was the only way I could get the pixels to not damage my actor effectively (adding a script to the pixel did not function properly in this case).
In other words, this would work if I could program the emitter within this same script to spit out the script's modified particles instead of its normal particles (or as well as), and I'm not sure how to do that. Is this what you meant? If so, I'm afraid I don't quite understand - how do I modify the particle that an emitter spawns within a script?
Sorry if I seem a bit slow.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Sounds like it should work! I'll give it a shot and if I can't get it working then I'll gratefully accept the offer!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 am

Yes, I'll take you up on that offer (if you're still up for it) please!

What I have currently is a script attached to my Actor which spawns both an AEmitter and the MOPixel which doesn't damage my actor thanks to information received from this topic http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29690.

To reiterate, what I am after is for the MOPixels to be spawned as they would be by the current settings of the AEmitter (both emitter and pixel are in the same ini with the actor) and with the MOPixels unable to hit the AHuman "Maximilian" from which the AEmitter is spawned.

Any help at all would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

EDIT: This is unnecessary now! I've found a solution I can easily manage! Thank you very much for your kind offer, though!

Last edited by Mongoska on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 am

I have no idea why Non is suggesting the use of an emitter.

Anyways, what I'd suggest you do is have a 'for' loop that runs 15 times (to spawn 15 of your particles) and during each loop, rotate the velocity of the particles enough so that in total the spread is 90 degrees.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 am

Why hadn't I thought of rotating them individually? Haha! Thanks!

Nonsequitorian maybe thought I was doing something more complicated than I actually was - 15 isn't an enormous number... I can't see it getting too cumbersome!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]