View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Request: Dropship 'hook' (Solved) 

Post Request: Dropship 'hook' (Solved)
There are some large units in some Cortex Command mods, like in UniTec.
Seeing them being delivered in small dropships (or even dropcrates) is kinda ridiculous.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have large units delivered by dropships only and on top of that, hanging from hooks and cables?
Like this:

And when returning them, have some hook being able to descent from the dropship through a quickmenu function that hooks up with the large unit?

Large units could be defined by their mass, like having a minimum of 250 total mass. Anything lower and the hook would just not attach to the unit.

I dunno why I am throwing this in here, this must be ridiculously hard to script, if it's even possible. x)

Last edited by Gotcha! on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Request: Dropship 'hook' to deliver and take large units
With regards to dropship-only delivery, the best way to do that might be using unbuyability and either a dedicated dropship or using presets (I don't know if presets can work with unbuyable items or not).

The whole descend-by-hook idea would work, but can only work with scripts on the craft, and so long as you don't attempt rope physics, and pin the actor relative to the craft's position with the effect being released on opening the doors using the pie menu option. Picking up the actor by hook would work inversely.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Post Re: Request: Dropship 'hook' (Solved)
This is possible, and you can make it extremely stable too, though it isn't possible to remove a specific actor from a dropship's inventory, so it would have to be a craft for it self.

I have made a two part craft once attached with ropes between, it commented out in my trappers mod called moth balloon

Here is a vid of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJgdcHMo-0Q&feature=plcp

The script is rather simple, just add the visuals of the grapling hook and make a pie menu button to detach them and you'll be set :)

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]