View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Conditional gibs 

Post Conditional gibs
This is probably covered already, but I was at work and I had a thought - is there a function to add gibs only if a certain condition is met? In this case its if a MOSRotating hits a certain frame, but it could be anything I suppose.

Edit
To clarify I mean something that adds gibs to the parent rather than cause extra gibs to fly out. I mean like if you blow it up before whatever frame, it gibs x, but if you blow it up after that it gibs x + whatever else.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Conditional gibs
Djinn wrote:
This is probably covered already, but I was at work and I had a thought - is there a function to add gibs only if a certain condition is met? In this case its if a MOSRotating hits a certain frame, but it could be anything I suppose.

Edit
To clarify I mean something that adds gibs to the parent rather than cause extra gibs to fly out. I mean like if you blow it up before whatever frame, it gibs x, but if you blow it up after that it gibs x + whatever else.

Use lua,

Make a function "function Destroy(self)", and generate the gibs with the CreateMOSRotating or whatever you need

Code:
function Destroy(self)
  if self.Frame == whateverFrame then
    local Gib = CreateMOSRotating("Your gib");
    Gib.Pos = self.Pos + self:RotateOffset(Vector(X-offset, Y-offset));
    Gib.Vel = self.Vel + Vector(math.random(-maxspeed,maxspeed),math.random(-maxspeed,maxspeed));
    Gib.RotAngle = self.RotAngle;
    Gib.AngularVel = self.AngularVel + math.random(-maxAngularVel,maxAngularVel);
    Gib.HFlipped = self.HFlipped;
    MovableMan:AddParticle(Gib);
  end
end

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 pm

So if I wanted to have multiple different occassions of gibs being added all I would have to do is add some elseif self.frame = x and add them through that. The only other thing I'd have to do is create more local variables for the gibs, correct?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Djinn wrote:
So if I wanted to have multiple different occassions of gibs being added all I would have to do is add some elseif self.frame = x and add them through that. The only other thing I'd have to do is create more local variables for the gibs, correct?

Yup

Oh and a small thing

add this around the script

if ((self.Pos.Y > 0 and self.Pos.Y < SceneMan.SceneHeight) or SceneMan.SceneWrapsY) and ((self.Pos.X > 0 and self.Pos.X < SceneMan.SceneWidth) or SceneMan.SceneWrapsX) then

end

so it looks like this

Code:
function Destroy(self)
  if ((self.Pos.Y > 0 and self.Pos.Y < SceneMan.SceneHeight) or SceneMan.SceneWrapsY) and ((self.Pos.X > 0 and self.Pos.X < SceneMan.SceneWidth) or SceneMan.SceneWrapsX) then
    if self.Frame == whateverFrame then

--Repeat for each gib
      local Gib = CreateMOSRotating("Your gib");
      Gib.Pos = self.Pos + self:RotateOffset(Vector(X-offset, Y-offset));
      Gib.Vel = self.Vel + Vector(math.random(-maxspeed,maxspeed),math.random(-maxspeed,maxspeed));
      Gib.RotAngle = self.RotAngle;
      Gib.AngularVel = self.AngularVel + math.random(-maxAngularVel,maxAngularVel);
      Gib.HFlipped = self.HFlipped;
      MovableMan:AddParticle(Gib);
    end
  end
end

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]