View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Freeze Ray 

Post Freeze Ray
I wanted to know if it was possible to create an object like the concrete sprayer, but something that effected actors directly, and I was wondering if you could create it so it would like... change the color of the effected actors sprites... or maybe graph and stick the sprites that are shot out onto the actor and eventually gib its sprites away and overwrite it with a new color??

*scratches head*

Not sure...

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 am

Post Re: Freeze Ray
There isn't a way to directly change an actor's sprite. One thing you could possibly do though is attaching MOs to the actor, but you'd want to watch how many you stick on since it'll get laggy if you have too many, and they'd only really be able to stick to the outside of the actor's body without finicky (and probably slow) tricks. The closest you'd get to a color change is using the FlashWhite() function.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 am

Post Re: Freeze Ray
CaveCricket48 wrote:
There isn't a way to directly change an actor's sprite. One thing you could possibly do though is attaching MOs to the actor, but you'd want to watch how many you stick on since it'll get laggy if you have too many, and they'd only really be able to stick to the outside of the actor's body without finicky (and probably slow) tricks. The closest you'd get to a color change is using the FlashWhite() function.

Hmmm, I rather stick to a suped up concrete sprayer then, thanks anyways.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]