View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Attachable that explodes on attaching? 

Post Attachable that explodes on attaching?
how would you make an attachable that when it comes in contact with an actor is sticks to them for a few seconds and explodes?

I want it to explode....

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 am

Post Re: Attachable that explodes on attaching?
Are you asking for an attachable that explodes when spawned? (since as soon as it's spawned its attached to its parent actor)

Or an attachable that is attached to the actor that, when it comes in contact with another actor, detaches from its original actor, attaches to the new actor, and then explodes?

Or something else? You're a bit vague here.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 am

I'm guessing a timed stickybomb of some description, either thrown or fired from some kind of launcher. I used a two-stage projectile for the one I made, though I imagine it could be done with a single-stage projectile as well with a decent script.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 am
Profile YIM

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Are you asking for an attachable that explodes when spawned? (since as soon as it's spawned its attached to its parent actor)

Or an attachable that is attached to the actor that, when it comes in contact with another actor, detaches from its original actor, attaches to the new actor, and then explodes?

Or something else? You're a bit vague here.

ah sorry, I meant an attachable that is spawned as a stand alone object and sits there until it comes into contact with any actor within range and sticks to them and explodes.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 am

Arcalane wrote:
I'm guessing a timed stickybomb of some description, either thrown or fired from some kind of launcher. I used a two-stage projectile for the one I made, though I imagine it could be done with a single-stage projectile as well with a decent script.

yeah or this.

Basically I'm creating the T-virus. After I figure out this I'll replace "Explode" with "Kill original actor and spawn zombie in place".

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 am

In that case you don't want to use an Attachable.

You could either use a wound emitter with a few tricks to make a sticky bomb, or a modification of the Coalition Remote-GL's sticky grenade script.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

What I did was a double-stage AEmitter/MOSRotating. The first stage is thrown or launched and has a GibImpulseLimit of 1 so it breaks on the first thing it hits to gib into the second stage; the second stage has a script that makes it stick to whatever it just spawned next to, then explode a few seconds later.

Take in mind this is quite old, may be buggy, and will stick to anything it hits.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]