View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Homing Missiles 

Post Homing Missiles
I'm looking for the old coalition homing missile code. (the one that changes rotation towards the target)

In addition, I'd like for the missile to only check enemies in front of it, possibly in a 90° sector projecting from the front.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 am

Post Re: Homing Missiles
Old launcher code? I don't recall it functioning especially differently from the current incarnation. Though I do remember it being very very deadly.

40K Recomp has a missile launcher that supports lock-on (traces a line out from the barrel and locks onto the first enemy actor that line hits) and manual guidance (if no target is found, it seeks the terrain where the launcher is pointing, missile can be detonated in flight by hitting the 'fire' button again), you're welcome to borrow the scripts from that if you want. I can also get you a version that's lock-on only, with no manual guidance option.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:40 am
Profile YIM

I think I can do any modifications that I need myself, just need the base.

I'll take a look at the script.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:37 am

Oh dang, it has all kinds of guidance systems.

Actually, if you could bother, I would appreciate it if you'd make me a version with the guidance only.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Attachment:
Seekers.zip [2.88 KiB]
Downloaded 332 times

These should be the lock-only/no-manual-guide versions.

Missile-HeatSeekerNoProx has no proximity detonation; missiles will only explode if they hit something, as normal.
Missile-HeatSeeker has a proximity-detonation system configured in the Create event. The higher the pointCount, the bigger the spiral. Higher spiralScale makes a bigger, less precise detection area. skipPoints skips over the first X points in each 'arm' of the spiral, making a small deadzone close to the projectile.

Attachment:
DotDrawFermatSpiral.zip [175.09 KiB]
Downloaded 336 times

You can use this to get a good idea of a projectile's detection area. Make sure you read the readme file.

Prox system is pretty cool, and great for AA missiles. Not sure how laggy it gets, but it didn't seem to do much when I had four missiles on screen? :???:

Both versions will lock onto any enemy the launcher is pointing at when fired, if there's anything there. If not they'll just go straight forward like a rocket.

It shouldn't be too hard to disable the lock-on sound and target highlight effect if you don't want those at all - I had them added in the first place for user feedback, so you know it's actually locked on and what it's locked on to. Don't forget to change the name of the weapon it looks for in the Create event, too.

Alternately talk to Cave. He made this stuff in the first place so he can probably be of more help than I can. :roll:

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:42 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]