View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Restrict or Force A.I. purchases? 

Post Restrict or Force A.I. purchases?
Hello, if there's any method to control this, I'd love to apply it to a few mods. Anyone know of a method?

Thanks a lot! o7

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:39 am

Post Re: Restrict or Force A.I. purchases?
A little more detail on what you're specifically trying to accomplish would help. Without any additional information, all I can say is that AI purchases are more or less controlled by the mission script or the metagame campaign code.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:34 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
A little more detail on what you're specifically trying to accomplish would help. Without any additional information, all I can say is that AI purchases are more or less controlled by the mission script or the metagame campaign code.

Thank you. Basically I want to stop custom units in different factions from buying default weapons, they keep loading up on useless "smg" or "scatterguns"

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:36 pm

It depends on the mission. The activity script is what controls spawning and AI loadout, so you'll have to muck with that to get the result you want.

For example, in Base.rte/Activities/SkirmishDefense.lua , you have the functions like SkirmishDefense:CreateEngineer, SkirmishDefense:CreateBreachInfantry, SkirmishDefense:CreateScoutInfantry, etc. that specify how the AI spawns are given weapons. Some activities might be different from others, especially modded ones.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 am

Aren't weapon choices based on faction for base activities anyway? So the only way they'll buy default weapons is if their faction has nothing that fits in the category they're supposed to buy from (e.g. assault rifles)? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]