View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Metal slug advices 

Wich of the following actors will you prefer?
Poll ended at Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:56 pm
1. ChainGun Mech 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
2. Hovercraft Unit 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
3. Claws Mech 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13

Metal slug advices 

Post Metal slug advices
I'm on a Metal slug proyect and I wish to know wich of these models or actors
will be more appreciated, so vote (Productive criticism will be apreciatted :wink:):

1.Chaingun Mech

2.HoverShooter Unit

3.Claws Mech

Last edited by NaXx on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Post Re: Metal slug advices
chaingun mech, but do it with proper attachables and gibs if you do it at all. these wouldnt be epic enough without bloody high quality, and wouldnt do justice to metal slug.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
chaingun mech, but do it with proper attachables and gibs if you do it at all. these wouldnt be epic enough without bloody high quality, and wouldnt do justice to metal slug.

I know, It will be great, with various layers of armor and a master final engine,
Isn't a matter for me how epic it will be, the important for me its how much loyal its to metal slug.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Clawmech

Don't get me wrong...chaingun mechs are cool, but we can get our fill of those from The Bear Federation Army, and I'm sure there will be many more mechanized units with guns down the road. AAL is another good example.

The hover shooter would be my next pick because of how practical flying units are for killing things, but at the same time getting things to fly in a stable manner is tricky in CC.

My main reason for voting Clawmech is that there is a lack of killing by crude physical means in CC. Bullets are fun, missiles are fun, flamethrowers are fun, and lasers are fun. But what about crushing your opponent, or rending the limbs from their body in person? I think it is a very underutilized mode of combat in CC, and the Clawmech would be perfect for it. I cannot imagine how amusing it would be to grab a coalition clone by the head and throw him, or pop his head between the claws.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm

tons0phun wrote:
Clawmech

Don't get me wrong...chaingun mechs are cool, but we can get our fill of those from The Bear Federation Army, and I'm sure there will be many more mechanized units with guns down the road. AAL is another good example.

The hover shooter would be my next pick because of how practical flying units are for killing things, but at the same time getting things to fly in a stable manner is tricky in CC.

My main reason for voting Clawmech is that there is a lack of killing by crude physical means in CC. Bullets are fun, missiles are fun, flamethrowers are fun, and lasers are fun. But what about crushing your opponent, or rending the limbs from their body in person? I think it is a very underutilized mode of combat in CC, and the Clawmech would be perfect for it. I cannot imagine how amusing it would be to grab a coalition clone by the head and throw him, or pop his head between the claws.

You must consider what anyone have their own way to code and sprite, and my way isn't the ivan way to
sprite/code (mine its provably worst xD) BUT I share your opinion with the physics what crush actors,
Still being 5=1=1 but your mensage have inspired to me, maybe it will be the next proyect, after chain-bot.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Claws. Definitely claws.
As it has already been said, the game really needs some melee combat options. Just be sure to make it full of moving parts and animations, in the good old Metal Slug style.
As a suggestion, you could make it have two ways of attacking: one normal, fast punch and a "dash attack" that propelled the tank forward, like the bigdaddies in Bioshock.
Anyway, I eagerly expect this mod to be released.
Good luck! :)

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
Claws. Definitely claws.
As it has already been said, the game really needs some melee combat options. Just be sure to make it full of moving parts and animations, in the good old Metal Slug style.
As a suggestion, you could make it have two ways of attacking: one normal, fast punch and a "dash attack" that propelled the tank forward, like the bigdaddies in Bioshock.
Anyway, I eagerly expect this mod to be released.
Good luck! :)

"Master Gotcha have said, why not all? :P "

Well well it turns unexpectted, my main idea with these mech was 3 types of punch.
Fast and quick punch, normal and some reload time, and powerfull dash with 1sec reload time.
(also the jetpack will be deadly efficient, and the enemys maybe will destroy it...)

P.D.: You haven't though to rent one or twice bigdaddy as bodyguard? I love bigdaddies...

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Make em' all.

Seriously, why not? Metal slug deserves it. :P

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:51 am

well, youre going to need a lot of lua to make convincing claws.. oh wait, we dont have that yet, so you're going to have to either make it ♥♥♥♥ underwhelming, or make something thats do-able well in CC. all you can do with melee at the moment is essentially a short-range shotgun.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 am
Profile WWW

Rocksonic wrote:
Make em' all.

Seriously, why not? Metal slug deserves it. :P

1. Time, because its not my job.
2. Much coding restrictions.
3. I've said before isn't discarted to make them all,
but the priorities are for begin by one or other.

Geti wrote:
well, youre going to need a lot of lua to make convincing claws.. oh wait, we dont have that yet, so you're going to have to either make it fudge underwhelming, or make something thats do-able well in CC. all you can do with melee at the moment is essentially a short-range shotgun.

Being sincere, I understand you, and I'm in your side, I'm feel very restricted in many ways.
But don't understimate me, I'm not gonna try to make claws, just big crushing hammer,
maybe doble hammers because with the current coding restrictions, no more can be done,
without die in front of a .ini file.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:09 am

*Poll closed, thanks to all who voted*

Working on chain-mech and thinking in how the hell do the claws.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 pm
Banned

Just make an extremely low range rape particle gun and animate the claws so it looks like they're opening and snapping shut.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm

I would like to suggest something.

edit your sprites, for the chain gun and the claw ones... so they can have multiple weapons... I can see the chaingun replaced with a giant laser, missile launchers, drill fist thingey, flame thrower, etc...

I can also see that claw being edited into a billion things.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

Yea, I prefer one well-made actor instead of 3 pieces of moving sprites with no attachments. Work on it baby! We all love metal slug!

OFFTOPIC: MS5...I still don't know what the plot is, suddenly tribal people, suddenly mechanized units, suddenly Nazi-like enemies, then finally a huge artifact-flying-thing as the final boss which has nothing to do with the rest of the game. My fav is MS3, or maybe MS2/X

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 am

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I would like to suggest something.

edit your sprites, for the chain gun and the claw ones... so they can have multiple weapons... I can see the chaingun replaced with a giant laser, missile launchers, drill fist thingey, flame thrower, etc...

I can also see that claw being edited into a billion things.

Its tempting, see a chaingun-bot with one ultra laser, a super cannon or one flamethrower,
they really exist in MS so I'll add quickly to my future modifications.
EXTRAINFO: SNK was wanted to parody the quick fallen of the nazis, and their
super-develop of weapons, its just imaginate what will happend if marco never exist?
Strongest mech, Strongest weapons and NaXx will do a mod for CC :)
Good idea Miles.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Yea, I prefer one well-made actor instead of 3 pieces of moving sprites with no attachments. Work on it baby! We all love metal slug!

OFFTOPIC: MS5...I still don't know what the plot is, suddenly tribal people, suddenly mechanized units, suddenly Nazi-like enemies, then finally a huge artifact-flying-thing as the final boss which has nothing to do with the rest of the game. My fav is MS3, or maybe MS2/X

Thanks and I'm working hard on it, promised Image

OFFREPLY: In the MS5 The things begin to turn psichodelics and somethings are master pieces
and some things (in my honest opinion) don't enter in the main history, be sure Im not gonna do
"tribal with spears" enemys, Maybe someday will you see metal slug infantry but never I'll do
swastika troops, I not find that politicly correct.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next