View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Timeshift time bubbles 

Post Timeshift time bubbles
So I saw Mind's Plasma Trapper and it reminded me of one thing

Timeshift multiplayer.

in multiplayer, you get time grenades; Slow, Pause & Reverse time which effect everything (the thrower, enemies, projectiles, other time grenades, parts of the map like fans.)

Slow (Blue): everything that's inside or enters the sphere gets slowed to 1/2 its normal speed.

Pause (Silver): obviously pauses everything caught inside. causes hilarious results if you pause an enemy in a bubble then unleash magazine after magazine, upon the bubble disappearing, every bullet hit's the enemy at once.

Reverse (Amber): great for if a rocket is being shot at you, throw down a nade, then once the rocket hits the reverse sphere, it will fly back at the person who launched it...or you could throw one down, jump into it and get catapulted out in the direction you jumped in. also great if a sniper is just about to head shot you (he ends up headshotting himself)

In multiplayer there's also a time resistance powerup that (for a short time) allows the holder to ignore the effects of time. I've not played it in a while but I'm 99% certain the powerup doesn't effect your projectiles.

Video showing time bubble effects, very poor quality but at the start it's showing Slow, Reverse, then Pause.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Timeshift time bubbles
Go play numgun's ballistic weapons mod.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Post Re: Timeshift time bubbles
Along with Areku's Mutant Makers Federation.
Pause would require nullifying controller states, along with velocity negation/pinning. THe first is done in DarkStorm.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]