View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hick Faction idea/request (coders please!) 

Post Hick Faction idea/request (coders please!)
well i had this idea at school today, and thought it might be a bit neat if somebody could help me with this. and I'm writing it before i have any art because i don't want to forget it. I'll make some art later and edit my post, alright?

anyway, onto the ideas. basically, a hick faction. you know, good old rednecks and their rickshaw vehicles and weapons. i was thinking their rocket/drop ship could be variants of trailers that could gib some shrapnel every once in a while, you know. a roofing panel or two. or the toilet. depends what the wife throws out. and then the weapons could be very home made, like the melee would be a rifle stock with a battery on top of it connected to a blender with smashed glass. and guns and rockets could include bear traps(settable traps), throwing axes(because ronin already have the hunting rifles), bits of food with dynamite(for kicks. and taking off limbs.). and of course the oh so famous flaming potato launcher as a grenade launcher. And the bunkers could be like a large RV or trailer on top of the ground, with a somewhat dirt bunker reinforced with shrapnel, trees, bodies, etc. and their brain could be an old television or some absurd idol.

I'll draw up some designs in the meantime, but if anyone with some experience in coding could help, I think this might actually make a neat faction.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 am

Post Re: Hick Faction idea/request (scripters please!)
I'm listening...

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Hick Faction idea/request (coders please!)
I can go troll point lookout in Fo3 for ideas for ya, but no coding help from me at the moment, hows that for a deal?

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:00 am
Loose Canon

Wow...Just...XD
Oh lord, I dearly hope this happens.
Spudguns, trailers, blenders, huge-monster-trucks, NASCAR, beer, anyone else contribute to this list of hickishness if they feel the need.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:55 am
Profile WWW

Needs inordinate amounts of camo on everything.
Not modern camo either, the old style blotches of a few shades of brown and green.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:13 am

hahaha, you guys are all great. i didn't even think of nascar and monster trucks! and the camo is definitely needed.
i would love you to troll fallout for this, i actually got some idea of this from it, other than seeing a dilapidated trailer on the way home.

alright, came up with some possible background for the faction.

The Hicks were just minding their own business in the still untapped marshlands of Earth, when one day, some shiny white robot came down with a digital note for them. as the robot was passing through the dense brush however, it got shot down, regardless of the fact it looked like no animal on earth. In fact it used to be a cube with jets and a viewing screen on front. regardless of that misfortune, the note survived, and it read "You want to make money fast? Tired of the government nagging you for property taxes? Can't keep up with politics? Look no further my friends, the Tradestar Corporation is here to make an offer you just can't refuse. We are currently in the process of finding prospectors for one our newer planetary mining voyages, and you sir or madam, have just found one of our representatives. Please click the red button if you would like to decline. Please click the green button if you wish to join us. Oh, and just as a reminder for you would be salvage merchants, if you destroy this representative, the beacon will activate, and to compensate for the cost you and the people in your general area will be forcefully conscripted to work your new found debt of 50,000oz of gold." Now at about this time, everything around the area went blue with energy. The message had taken so long for the hicks to translate into their jargon, that a camp of them had set up around the wreckage. They soon found themselves and all of their belongings now on board a Tradestar cruiser, which was now headed to Tradestar Midas... and this is where their story begins...

Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:31 am

okay Ill get to point lookout after Im done my homework. Also, you should ask someone/try to make a mission on a tradestar ship, kinda like where the jicks need to prove that they are good enough to be put into the catoulouge or something like that.
I can help a lot more after oct 30

Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:46 am

So they're washing dishes, working their debt off?
XD

Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:51 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
washing dishes
No, I think he said Conscripted.

Could be a neat idea, I might help out after all my exams.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:17 am
Profile WWW

OH MY GOD that may have been the best request a new guy has ever writen in ever. I would sell organs to see this happen (now that I actually think about that might be a little extreme). I support this idea based off it's orignality, cleverness, and SPUND GUN!

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:34 am
Loose Canon

OH MY GOD, I THOUGHT SPUNDS WERE WAY TOO UNSTABLE TO BE USED IN GUNS!!!

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 am
Profile WWW

I can help around December maybe, I have school work and some personal modding projects until then.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:35 am
Profile WWW

zeno39 wrote:
OH MY GOD that may have been the best request a new guy has ever writen in ever. I would sell organs to see this happen (now that I actually think about that might be a little extreme). I support this idea based off it's orignality, cleverness, and SPUND GUN!

Actually I've been around for almost a year now, I was just sneaking about the forums with no voiced opinions. I decided it was time I should stop being so anti social.

Hyperkultra wrote:
OH MY GOD, I THOUGHT SPUNDS WERE WAY TOO UNSTABLE TO BE USED IN GUNS!!!

haha, actually my cousin made one before (no we aren't hicks) and it fired a flaming blue potato out into the horizon. it was beyond awesome in the night sky. i would compare it to a dying flare with a visible core.

alright. i have tomorrow off, so i can work on some designs and sketches to post here. because as far as i know cortex command needs hicks as soon as possible. oh, i forgot beer cans as a possible source of ammo :neutral: i can see it now. the "gun" would be an ice cooler(hand held unless you could drag it with wheels with future/godly coding.) and you could throw crushed/full beer cans that splatter into a "confusing" spray like the stun gun for the darklones.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 am

Here we go, I got a bit from point lookout before my fallout copy crashed AGAIN.
The hicks say funny things, like "me dont move fast when leg broke", and swear a lot, also melee weapons lsuch as axes are good, and probably some antique style weapon, maybe a shotgun?

Ill give ya more when I finish my entry to mod contest 5, and after i get game of the year edition, which wil accept the 1.7 patch, unlike my copy :/

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 am

I would like to add hicks love their shotguns favorite ammo the buckshot. I would know my friends family are a bunch of hicks and on the fourth of july oh man..... So many guns! They also seem to have a strange craving for twinkies, and love to put their shotgun shells in a empty soup can??? Hicks are strange, strange little creatures.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]