View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Power armored warrior request 

Post Power armored warrior request
I've been a long time fan of Cortex Command, and have always wanted to create a few mods, but unfortunately I can neither sprite nor code. So while I'm (slowly) learning to do those, I would like to request a simple power armored unit :)
Me and my mates often play CC where we each take a Mercenary Hero (from the Ballistics Mercenary mod I believe) and see how long we can survive. I just thought it would be nice to have a custom character to play with, and one that can take a bit more punishment.

Theres a little concept I quickly drew up. You don't need to stay totally loyal to the design, thats just a reference.

Also, you don't need to make the Hammer or Flamethrower, those are just for show (although if you don't want to have a go, don't let me stop you lol)

Finally, colours, I was thinking dark colours for the armor (dark greys, blacks etc), with maybe some contrasting colours on the shoulders, such as white or light grey.

Thanks in advance :)

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Post Re: Power armored warrior request
search.php?keywords=Space+Marines&terms=all&author=ivan21&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah i've seen that, but what I was looking for was something a bit more...original (although now I think about it the helmet is a bit Astartes looking).
Also those are a tad small, I was hoping it would be maybe...8 ft tall if it was real (or there abouts).

Oh, and something I've just thought of, It will need to be a brain unit so that we can play without needing to protect a brain.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:06 pm
Loose Canon

fylth wrote:
Oh, and something I've just thought of, It will need to be a brain unit so that we can play without needing to protect a brain.

If its a brain unit, and it dies, its the same as if your brain in a jar died.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm
Profile WWW

Exactly, we want to play until the enemy kills us, not until the enemy hunts down and kills a brain in a jar.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm
Banned

The whole thing is very Spahees Mahreen-y. Right down to the Ultrasmurfic logo, which made me wonder what chapter he's from.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile YIM

Haha, didn't even recognize it as the ultrasmurf logo, I was working on the Alpha and Omega as inspirations.

Again, I realize that it looks a bit marine-ish, but thats sort of what I need, a big killing machine, but more original

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:17 pm
Banned

The omega is that thing upside-down. It was reversed in WH to make a lame "u".

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:49 pm
Profile YIM

I know, I flipped upside down as well, that way it crosses the center of the A, and also acts as the base of the wings.

Logo aside, would anyone be willing to make this for me, I would be very thankful

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

I tried... Bleh.

Attachments:
failailail.PNG [913 Bytes]
Not downloaded yet
Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:30 am

I'm surprised that someone actually tried to make it. Usually this kind of request gets turned down badly.

But seriously, the design is not just slightly marin-ish, it is a marine to me. Editing the Space Marine sprites should do just fine.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:45 am

Yeah it's basically a Shpazz Muhreen with less detail, but why not?

I've never done power armour or really any kind of armour before- and I smiled when I saw he plays CC the same way I do.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:53 am

fylth wrote:
Yeah i've seen that, but what I was looking for was something a bit more...original

Wow. This made me laugh.
Name a single part of your sketch that is even remotely original. It is the quintessential space marine - there is not a single part of your "concept" art which deviates from the norm. Even the flag is cliche. Please get some perspective.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

Gotta go with Rawtoast on that one. If you're trying to concept original art, try not to base it off of an existing franchise. Try something of your own actual design. You say "oh I didn't even think of it as this or that or the other," but that doesn't change the fact it still reeks of "derivative work."

Maybe you should make a less generic request?

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Profile YIM

Fine

I tried to leave it open to interpretation, tried to give the creator something to add, give them some artistic license, but thats ok, if exact is what you want, here you go.

he should be about 8 to 15 feet tall (maybe exaggerated in the picture). His armor should be Iron grey with dull red painted sections. He should be able to absorb alot of damage and crush normal men. If you think you can, a massive hammer would be nice, one that when you hold left mouse button its surrounded by red pixels that obliterate enemies. Oh, and a flamethrower that chucks a red blaze of doom.

Pretty much as exact as I can. And i'm sure he looks generic, power armored giants have been around for years, deal with it

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next