View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kicking Clone 

Post Kicking Clone
I am requesting a clone with feet set to not collide with other actors. Also, emitters attached to the feet emit invisible lifetime = 1 or Lua similar particles with inheritance velocity only (that is, inherits velocity but with no velocity of their own) with zero sharpness and decent mass.
Optionally, one of the walkpaths may be replaced with a kicking motion, or the walking motion made so that the leg makes a kicking motion on the upswing.
If it works correctly, it may end up as a clone which is able to effectively fight unarmed. However, it is likely that it may not work.
Other places emitters might be placed include knees, heads and possibly arms.
EDIT: I also just thought of an utterly ludicrous jetpack replacement. Instead of jumping or anything it does a backflip into the air. It'd be cool, just utterly ridiculous to make, so don't worry about it.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:15 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Kicking Clone
A CQC clone would be pretty awesome, with knives and other short range weapons.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

TLB was working on a mexican wrestler actor with various moves, not sure what happened to that one.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 pm
Forum Moderator

I think he released a public beta some time back

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:34 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
I think he released a public beta some time back
Yep.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 am
Profile WWW

Velocity inheritance on an emitter on an attachable on an attachable considering centrifugal force sounds (this form of kicking) like it would require some heavy scripting. I still haven't managed to get velocity inheritance working quite right in even an offset position on the main object! I'm not exactly a shining example of Lua mastery or something, but it wouldn't be easy.

I once made an actor a bit similar to what you want though. I placed a downward emitter on the foot of an actor and gave him a stompy gait. He could lightly drop onto enemy's heads and smash them, crush crabs like crazy, and ride dropships into the ground. Should I upload that? PM me if so because I'll probably forget having posted here.

The backflip jump would actually be much easier than proper kicking. Of course, it would be the weird CC version of a backflip where limbs keep their upright angle while the body spins.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 am

I thought that things attached to the legs inherited the animation correct velocities, due to the fact that armour worked on them. If this is not so then the request becomes ridiculously harder for little benefit.
If you feel like it, upload the thing though - I'm sure nobody will really mind.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]