View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Turret Completion 

Post Turret Completion
Hi, I haven't been here very long, but have read alot of the threads and noticed something.
Alot of the requests that are shot down, come out of the blue as a simple idea. So, hoping that someone would take me up on it, I did some work.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to make my turret into a fully functioning object. I have made the sounds, sprites, muzzle flashes, everything but the code, because apparently, I am retarded at this, and only have some ability to make sprites...

So, if someone is willing to do so, a PM would be most welcome!

Attachments:
File comment: Here is the pack of stuff I have finished.
TurretN.zip [708.58 KiB]
Downloaded 382 times
Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Post Re: Turret Completion
Oh whoops! So sorry, I got caught up in other stuff and forgot to pm back.

It's looking pretty good, I think you're beginning to get the hang of spriting. I like the shape of the gun part and the stabilizing feet are neat. I think it could use more shading along the bottom of each component as well as a few more doodads to make the piece more interesting. Also, though belt looks pretty good and would function well in game, but from a 3D perspective, having the gun belt cross the swiveling part of the turret doesn't make sense. It would only get caught and stretched. If you make the joint more solid looking, you can make it look more like a non-swiveling turret and that would be fine.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Ah, thats why you didn't.
The belt is misunderstood. The actual barrel is the only part intended to swivle, the base of the barrel is meant to be a sphere of metal you could say.
Attachment:
turretmockup.bmp [8.03 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

I decided to do it this way, because of the belt, since it would look horrendous whenever the turret moved up or down. The black bit under the main turret is intended for the turret to rock up and down, rather then rotate. The entire piece is meant to look similar to a bunker turret (think D-Day, from the german side) A single, strong turret with major front armor to defend a single location. That is anyhoo, the intention.

(If anyone takes me up on it, I am working on the sprite more, so if they ask, i will PM them the new version.)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

I may want to take a shot at it, but I can't promise anything.

That said, I almost feel obliged to fulfil such a good request.
Good observation on the omg lul dis wud be rly kool requests being shot down. :wink:

Anyhow, send me the latest version and I'll probably give it a go.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]