View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Minor Request Thread [Q&A] 

Post Re: Minor Request Thread [Q&A]
I'm new and is there a topic where I can find a base.rte if I mess up (which I did).

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Post Re: Request: Darkstorm Turrets
Try installing again and keeping a backup next time.
Also,
Dragonchampion wrote:
Is there any way to return from the current (have to equip turret with a gun for it to shoot, no RPG) with the older version, which had the machine gun, RPG, and mini turret
Here.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Does anyone know any quick and easy ways to force a bimap into CCpalette?
This could be a program or a special technique or both, I just want an easy way of doing it.
Or will I have to locate a decent cover-colour from the palette and redo it all?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know of a good sound effect database? I'd record sounds myself but I don't have the equipment, expertise, or weapons training to do so. Or the guns themselves. :P

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:58 am
Profile WWW

http://www.findsounds.com
http://www.freesound.org

http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html
sfxr is very good for certain types of sounds, and it can do a lot of different effects by just playing with the sliders.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net
Audacity is my sound editing program of choice, it is very powerful, but also quite simple to use. Just taking random sounds from the internet and speeding them up, or making them deeper can make some surprisingly fitting sounds very quickly.

If you have a microphone, then you can use Audacity to record your own sounds. Just sounds made with your mouth or by blowing into the mic can often sound very convincing, especially with some tweaking afterwards.

Also, you can extract sounds from other games very easily; a lot of the mods here use Half-Life 2 sounds, for example.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:09 am
Profile WWW

Double post for great justice;
Roast Veg, you can put sprites into palette with programs like GraphicsGale, GIMP, Photoshop if you have it, and programs like that.
Assuming you don't want to download them and figure out how the palette options work, you can just follow this handy guide, provided you have the XP version of paint.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Ok, I thought I was fairly competent at modding (as long as it didn't involve Lua), but for some reason, my mod stopped appearing in the buy menu. I have no idea why, and I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. It seems like CC just stops reading it about 5 lines in, and there's nothing I can do about it. Even Copy-pasta-ing the code into the Index.ini doesn't work.
Link
Maybe I'm just an idiot and it's some simple mistake I missed, I don't know, but I'd like someone to take a look at it.
All I really need is an explanation as to why it's not in the buy menu, even when I set Buyable = 1

Also, the IRC broke for me, it says it can't connect. Is it broken, or is it just me?

EDIT: Ok, apparently I was being an idiot and I forgot to completely define something.
But still, what's the deal with IRC?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 pm

So is there a fixed BW or working BW mod? I can't fix it myself...

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 am

There was a mod that was:
A laser shot and marked a position.
A few seconds later, a massive steel pig fell from the sky and demolished everything beneath it. It sliced a solid vertical shaft into the ground, and dug by way of digger-like emitters on the front.

I lost it... someone fit me up with a link, please?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm

is this it? it's near the bottom

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 pm
happy carebear mom

Barnox wrote:
It sliced a solid vertical shaft into the ground, and dug by way of digger-like emitters on the front.

No emitters man, straight-up deepgroup digging.
I loved the PIGRAM.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:56 am

Really? I swear I saw it spewing off digger-like particles. Maybe I was imagining it because my actor's heads kept exploding.

CC needs more weapons like that.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:45 am

Ok, ok, dude, ok

seriously, ok

dude

like, dude

ok

ok, yeah, ok

dude, like- ok.

A gun that shoots meat. The projectiles would, when they came to a rest, act like bits of dead clones. I could totally see that in the setting, too. It rapid-clones bullets made from meat and/or bone. It'd regenerate bullets rapidly and spit them out fast, but each one would be very slow relative to other bullets and have poor range and accuracy. And would splatter the target zone in gore.

Maybe even an anti-air cannon version that actually launches a whole clone in an arc. It'd be dead one way or the other immediately, of course, but tell me you can't picture a soldier with a gun launching a stream of gracefully arcing ragdolls at an incoming dropship, trying to land one in the intake vents.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:06 pm

The mod here contains something similar to what you are looking for.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:56 am
Profile WWW

Is there any mods with guns that alternate firing between 2 barrels? The same type of rounds but just from different barrels.

A bit like an over and under shotgun.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next