View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Deathmatch/AI deathmatch scene 

Post Deathmatch/AI deathmatch scene
I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to make a simple scene with the following specifications -

It should support multiple players, and upon loading the scene, the player(s) would spawn with a random character and weapon set. Upon player death, they respawn as a different character with two random weapons from the base game's set.

If possible, it would be nice to have a few variants of the scene:

A) Players spawn, and a specified number of AI units [perhaps controlled by the difficulty slider] would either dropcrate/dummy pod in or simply appear in random locations on the map.
--- It would be nice if possible to have a time limit or life count based mode and an untimed war mode.
--- If the slider method is workable, then perhaps it could vary from 5 AI units constantly in battle to 25 or control the amount of time to play.

B) Players spawn and battle each other
--- Similar to A, except perhaps the difficulty slider controls number of lives or time to fight, with the player still standing or with the most kills being the one to win.
--- It would be cool [but optional] if random weapons also dropped onto the map for the players to utilize against each other.

Ideas:
For Option A, it could be made so that either the AI are constantly replenishing as they are killed, or that they spawn in waves so that when the last is killed, they all start dropping again.

I recall there being a game mode similar to this, but I haven't been able to find it since around Beta 24.

The benefit of the gamemode(s) would be that people I bring over could instantly start playing without being overwhelmed by the base building, and having the game end every time they die. It would be ideal if the scene could support all maps (or at least map pack 3)

A few CC'ers may dislike the idea of this gamemode, but it can't be denied that it would up the casual appeal considerably and hopefully would be rather simple to make.

Sat May 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Post Re: Deathmatch/AI deathmatch scene
Hi! Check this out.

Raid mode
Player spawn: check
Specified number of AI (not exact): check
Random/fixed items configuration: check
Continous enemy spawn: check
Multiplayer: check

Last Man Standing
Player spawn: check
PvP: check
Random/fixed items configuration: check
Limit number of lives: check

B26/B24 compatible now, will work on B27 if I have time.

P.S.: I hope it was my mod you remembered, sorry for making it compatible with B26 just now.
Also, if you have anykind of idea, run into bugs, then PM me.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]