View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Help me make a Harrier GR. 1 

Post Help me make a Harrier GR. 1
Some of you may have noticed my Cold War Royal Army mod in the released mods section. Well, I'm planning to add a Harrier.

I've taken a look at the lua code for the AirSupport gunships, and while I'm somewhat proficient in the language, I'm curious if anyone would be willing to help code this for me.

I can provide the sprites, effects (animated), and probably the sounds too... They probably won't look like crap.

the main difference between this and the Air Support gunships would be that there would be a switch between dumbfire rockets and Air-Air missiles button in the pie menu, and that (maybe) there would be a "transfer to horizontal flight mode" Having both AAMs and dumbfire rockets would necessitate the addition of a third "ammunition bar" above the 2 present on the AS gunships.

Also, keeping in reality, the 30mm cannon would be non-flexible. Other armaments would be SNEB rockets and AIM-9 sidewinder missiles. The Sidewinders would be "attachable" sprites that detached when firing, doing this should be fairly easy.

also, the Harrier should grant more lift while in forwards flight, though this could be very tricky to accomplish.

either way... I'm open to anyone who wants to help.

The pie menu would eliminate the undercarriage button (replacing it with a "double tap down key" like in ToD Russia.)

There would be 2 options
#1: Switch between rockets and AAMs
#2: transition to forward flight mode/hover mode.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 am

Post Re: Help me make a Harrier GR. 1
well suggested, i would help..., but i cant make lua.
just look here:

Tue May 22, 2012 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]