View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Urban Warfare Bunker Modules 

Post Urban Warfare Bunker Modules
I would give a shot at making this but I don't have the time,so I turned to all of you to help me out. I think it would be fairly easy to make some urban houses,apartment complexes,skyscrapers,stores,and any other modern building that's in a city.

I would appreciate this greatly and I was thinking of making a hostage rescue mission which would require these modules.

Also if someone tries to make this remember realistic doors(that shatter into wood bits)and ventilation systems(maybe) would put the cherry on top.

Some reasons to make this(you could probably brainstorm more but this is just a couple of reasons this would be awesome):
1.Would help people who want to make some interesting scenes or missions.
2.Would make some interesting battles.

Again this would be awesome. :)

Tue May 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Post Re: Urban Warfare Bunker Modules
DAME777 wrote:
I would give a shot at making this but I don't have the time,so I turned to all of you to help me out. I think it would be fairly easy to make some urban houses,apartment complexes,skyscrapers,stores,and any other modern building that's in a city.

I would appreciate this greatly and I was thinking of making a hostage rescue mission which would require these modules.

Also if someone tries to make this remember realistic doors(that shatter into wood bits)and ventilation systems(maybe) would put the cherry on top.

Some reasons to make this(you could probably brainstorm more but this is just a couple of reasons this would be awesome):
1.Would help people who want to make some interesting scenes or missions.
2.Would make some interesting battles.

Again this would be awesome. :)

try map pack 3

adds a lot of really good modules

train chase does too, blast doors and stuff

Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 am

I mean modern(right now)time bunker modules and not scenes.Basically the ability to place houses and apartments for CS scenes or anything else.

Zombie survival activities would be awesome in a apartment with a ventilation system.

Wed May 16, 2012 3:21 am

This would take an incredible amount of effort, creating bunker modules is a lengthy process, spriting each individual piece is just... painful. It's not going to be as easy as you think.

DAME777 wrote:
I mean modern(right now)time bunker modules and not scenes
Map Pack 3 comes with modules and systems, not just scenes. The scenery provided can be easily used to turn a generic Cortex Command bunker into any of the structures you mentioned, excluding simple houses.

Tbh you'd be better off using MP3 parts, rather than wasting your (or a spriter's) time recreating each piece.

Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

DAME777 wrote:
I mean modern(right now)time bunker modules and not scenes.Basically the ability to place houses and apartments for CS scenes or anything else.

Zombie survival activities would be awesome in a apartment with a ventilation system.

the bunker modules in CC are designed to be well... "modular"

having ready-made houses and apartments would stifle creativity, make your own houses from the modules provided.

Wed May 16, 2012 3:53 pm

It's cool and urban and I knew that it would be a pain and consume time already.

A realistic door that turns to background when you open it and back when you close it would be cool though,but that would be a pain to make right?Or would it be easy?

The door would take some lua for sure .

Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Didn't the Wermacht mod had a house in bunker modules?

Maybe that can be turned into something more complex, but I doubt any good spriter would do it just cause.

And about a door like you say, maybe not turn into background; you can sprite it as if it was a real door opening as it should, and when it is fully opened, you set HitsMOs and GetsHitsByMOs to 0. No wait, things that are GetHitsByMOs = 0 aren't detected by lua scripts.
Maybe a longer workaround, but I'm not doing it =P

Thu May 17, 2012 1:22 am

I'll just use MP3 for the city feel.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm sure making a house inside of a bunker module wouldn't be that hard. But i think he means broken buildings with broken lift-shafts and all the wonders of war.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 am
Banned

Great idea,man!
Sorry but I can't help you,But good luck!
oh and if you make houses,don't make them in concrete,I thnik if the houses will be in a lighter material would be a great idea.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Hey, I made your request, check out the trappers mod in the mod release, it includes urban-ish bunker modules, though it isn't complete :=)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]