View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Halo mod? (Now with sprites.) 

Post Halo mod? (Now with sprites.)
Hey, I've noticed that while there are mods for everything from District 9 to 40k (And a stupid amount of Russian themed ones..) there isn't yet a Halo mod (That I've found, if one works Just throw the link my way.)

Has anyone made one in the past? If so, those sprites could be recycled and only updating to B27 would be an issue.

Possible Actors-

ODSTs: Image

Spartans: Image

Elites: Image

Last edited by Draxonicar on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Post Re: Halo mod?
Try harder?

Honestly, it's come up several times before and most of them never get very far. Don't get your hopes up.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

there is a few links
guns:http: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16863&start=15
spartans: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20311
actors: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16863&start=90

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay, from that first Spartan thread Coops had some sprites made for spartans that he gave permission for the person to use, but they never got around to making it due to walkpath issues because he's around 7-8 feet tall.

Here they are, anybody have ideas for what they could be applied to that they'd work with?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Post Re: Halo mod? (Now with sprites.)
Anyone that's willing to provide me with a simple ini structure for the sprites as well as cropped sprite files with FG and BG sprites, I can do the rest of the hard stuff relating to the ini (Offsets, Materials, Variable balancing, Walkpaths, ect.).

EDIT: For anyone wondering how tall this thing is, I found a reference I posted a long time ago.

Last edited by Coops on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Post Re: Halo mod? (Now with sprites.)
If you intend on doing all the variant helmets and colour schemes, and the only thing that changes are the colours (all the animations are the same, all images are the same size, etc.), then I strongly recommend doing what I did for the 40K Recomp; define everything once, then abuse the heck out of CopyOfs.

Saves a lot of time and takes up a lot less space. Once you know the 'master' copies are working fine, you can go through and sort the rest out easily. It also makes fine-tuning things a lot easier - just change the relevant value (e.g. the GibWoundLimit) on the Master and it's automatically the same on all the CopyOfs.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]