View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 CC Trains n more 

Post CC Trains n more
So I had this MEGA-SMARTY idea! Why not have some sort of futuristic train thingys for CC?
Observe:

Mind blown yet?
Yes this will probably take lua out the wazzoo to make or possibly be imposible.
But anyway some basic thoughts for it:
Tracks can be attached in Base Build mode then can be put anywhere on a surface (outside, inside, over doors, floors, roofs, walls, etc etc etc) the units can be brought in by craft (chances are only a dropship will work) if the unit is over a track it will auto-connect if not then it will sit there and still act as a turret (unless its the grabber, Duh).
AI Modes
Sentry
Sits there like a good little turret and guards the cookies
Standard (Search and Destroy)(Default AI)
Wonders randomly going down the track till it hits something or spots and enemy, If it hits something it reverses and goes the other way, If it spots an enemy it unloads lead into said enemies head.
Collect (Grabber Only)
Basicly it randomly wonders till it spots etheir a unit or drop crate, picks up that object, then moves it somewhere else and drops it.

So anyone willing to take on this idea? Thoughts? Comments? Questions? (Yes I am utterly insane nutcase crazy)

EDIT: Some sprites for things I made from other things

Last edited by _Shadowcat_ on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 am

Post Re: CC Trains n more
What? NO random flaming or some comment about how this is awesme or utterly stupid? Not even a grammar nazi? :(

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:47 am

You're not gonna get anything if you can't even wait 45 minutes.

The idea seems interesting, having turrets reposition themselves for wherever enemies may be. It is very possible, but like you said, this would require quite a bit of lua for it to work properly.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 am

Bumpity, Added another badly made Sprite 8)

And edditing in some posible AI modes and how they would react.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 am

Had a new thought for a special item, The Buying Machine! (AKA the collector!).

S♥♥♥* goes in money comes out simple eh?
*S♥♥♥ refering to actors, weapons, tools, or crafts, The literal dropping of ♥♥♥♥ into it may cause various side effects E.G Death, The world exploding, a really bad smell coming from the machine, the machine breaking, going to hell, losing your soul, or having your tounge cut off

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 am

Added the Magnet also, Needed a way to move things like guns and tools

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:13 am

Not reading the rules causes this: triple-posting. There is an edit button on the top-right area of your post. Or maybe the top-left?
Anyway, if this mod would have been made, it would be a front-pager for over 2 years or even more.
It does requires pretty much lua, and I think that it would be easier to make it if you get the Train from that Train Chase mission from our notable-spectacular scene maker WeeGee, as it already haves turrets. All you would need to do then, would be the other things that aren't turrets, the tracks and the lua.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Bleh :P didnt mean to trip post thought I deleted one of them.

Anyway there are turrets already you say?
Interesting....

And yes this thing would probably be 90% Lua :evil:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
And yes this thing would probably be 99.999999% Lua :evil:

FTFY.

The only thing I think would be a pain in the ass to script would be the track system. I thought a couple of ways of doing it, but it would probably make things lag if there are many of them. Bah, I'm not good at optimized scripts, anyway.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:53 am

Lotsa Lua

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:03 am

None of this would be too difficult (I'd say some of the ai stuff would probably be a pain, though that depends how complex it should be) but it would definitely take (me at least) quite a while to put together. If anyone plans to make this I can present a partial solution, the movators I made a while back act in a similar way to track. They've obviously got a bunch of extra stuff but they're reliable and may save someone some time. If anyone wants to use it for this let me know, I'll pm the wip version that lets you not have to place the movators right next to each other.
A few warnings in case anyone does want to use it; you'll need to update all of the rays that need team arguments, there are a fair few of them. Also, the whole thing should really be put in one manager instead of having the script run on each movator piece so it's less of a resource hog, I just never got around to it. Finally, some of it may not be the most well optimized, I think I did a pretty decent job of it but I'm not really the best judge of that sort of thing and it was a while ago. As is it's fairly laggy, though a lot of that is probably related to actor moving and pathfinding, both of which would be a lot less complex for this.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]