View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Man Eating Pit 

Post Man Eating Pit
I want to create a Pit where at the entrance actors take initial damage..., and within the tiles of the structure the actor will take damage, and at the bottom the special tiles cause intense damage, (even more) while the upper tiles only cause slow damage (light damage over time)

and I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to animate statoinary tiles for structures, like parts of machines or animations etc,

2. Is it possible to create passible tiles (background tiles) that cause damage and ALSO emit particles that can also be cast in the back ground, or emit both background and fore ground particles.

3. Is it possible to create a tile that emits a heavy particle, that can stick or damage any thing it touches that isnt that base tile. Like a special ground particle immune to its own heavy particle. And could I attach lua to it so that it stops emitting these particles after certain amount of time. And how would I control the life of these particles so they stay either for a ton of time, and how could I make it so that after this time has passed these particles shall spew again from the master emitter (the emitters being attached to the up side of the object or ground tile in question)

Here is a diagram

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <------------ Particles that damage
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ <----------- AEmitters
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| <------------ Special Ground tile that is immune to the damage of the particles that the emitters are spewing, the emitters I guess also are immune to its damage but use .null bmp and should be in the back ground so they are passible.

Here is a more detailed diagram of what I'm talking about:

Attachments:
testscene.bmp [53.3 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 am

Post Re: Man Eating Pit
Scene terrain and backgrounds can't be animated, but you can simply make objects that are GetsHitByMOs = 0 and HitsMOs = 0, give them PinStrength, and have them animated to act as decoration.

HitsMOs deals with whether or not the object can strike other objects, and GetsHitByMOs deals with whether or not the object can be struck.

So,

1. Yes, in a way.

2. Yes, in a way.

3. Yes, in a way.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]