View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 need a bit of coding help 

Post need a bit of coding help
i have a laser digger that i modded from the tek troopers mod one for my own personal use but i would like the beam to be larger, like fatter not longer and not cone-like, I'm not sure how to go about doing this

i got everything else working perfectly fine after enough fiddling around with the code and sprites to learn how it works :P

edit: TrailLength kinda thing for thickness maybe? I duno what it would be.

edit2: I'll also likely end up making my own mod some time later I've been messin with a lot of sprites recently but i don't know how to put actors together yet so it will be some time.

edit3: surprised i haven't gotten a single reply yet

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Post Re: need a bit of coding help
From what I've learned toying around with the .ini files of several weapons, I don't think making a "wide" beam is possible without Lua scripting.

Kick me a link to what you want to work up from and I'll see if I can find something useful.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:30 pm

I would say it might be possible if you had the gun shoot null AEmitters that spawn a small wave of digging particles, but I recall my early experiments automatically angled the emissions above/below 0,0 up/down by ~45 degrees.

Best bet is Lua scripting on the digger itself, most likely.

Ed: If you want an actual solid beam then you're welcome to use/look at the Melta weapon scripts from the 40K Recomp, if you can figure out how that all works. Just make sure to give CaveCricket credit for making the scripts in the first place.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:32 am
Profile YIM

k well heres what i'm working on if you guys wana take a look, its still more for personal use tho as its the tek trooper laser digger even after all the modding i'v done to it its still the same sprite shape and the file is just renamed and re coded in places.

also yeah, i want a solid beam thats thick kinda like its current beam, its ment to cut through everything as fast as it does thats why i made the beam for it so short.

Attachments:
File comment: contains the weapon i am working on, roughly the tek laser with a short range red beam and black sprite instead of white with white beam.
Xmod.rte.7z [99.44 KiB]
Downloaded 332 times
Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]