View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Attachables. 

Post Attachables.
Has anyone ever done anything like this, it would be cool to be able to give your browncoat a top hat or your ronin a pirate hat, it wouldn't take any lua just sprites (example: petethegoat's dummy top hat mod). Anyone?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Post Re: Attachables.
Huh. If I understand what you want, it's already on the game.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Vlads wrote:
Huh. If I understand what you want, it's already on the game.

As in a mod for extra attachables.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:05 pm
Forum Moderator

You can add as many attachables as you want to an actor. I don't see what the problem is. Hell, you could just take the attachable from the mentioned top hat mod and slap it on any actor.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:34 pm

I reread this yesterday and I think I know what he wants and.. I wouldn't know how to accomplish it:

A file that calls numerous attachables and then attaches them if you purchase a unit with a 'hat' ITEM. That way you could get any actor with any hat item.

While that IS most likely possible with some epic script, the only way I know how to do it would be to create an entire new aHuman (or at least a duplicate aHuman) and then create a duplicate head with the new attachable on the dupeHead, essentially buying a unit that has a hat already (which has been done many times).

Actually I have some idea of how to create the script he wants but it would require a file recompile every time a new mod/hat is added.. and that doesn't include proper offsetting. So yes, it's possible in a way, but completely ludicrous with the current game model.

It would be a lot easier if there was a 'head item slot' so to say... so then you just buy a hat/helm like you would buy a gun.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Corpsey wrote:
I reread this yesterday and I think I know what he wants and.. I wouldn't know how to accomplish it:

A file that calls numerous attachables and then attaches them if you purchase a unit with a 'hat' ITEM. That way you could get any actor with any hat item.

While that IS most likely possible with some epic script, the only way I know how to do it would be to create an entire new aHuman (or at least a duplicate aHuman) and then create a duplicate head with the new attachable on the dupeHead, essentially buying a unit that has a hat already (which has been done many times).

Actually I have some idea of how to create the script he wants but it would require a file recompile every time a new mod/hat is added.. and that doesn't include proper offsetting. So yes, it's possible in a way, but completely ludicrous with the current game model.

It would be a lot easier if there was a 'head item slot' so to say... so then you just buy a hat/helm like you would buy a gun.

That's a bit useless. at least, for me. and this is going to turn CC into some sort of TF2 o.O

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]